Friday, March 28, 2008

10 Days Old....Wow

It is completely unbelievable to me, but our son is 10 days old. Wow, that's just weird to say! Just scrolling down on this blog, it is amazing to think that just a few days ago we were still "without child" and at wit's end, waiting for him to arrive.

These last 10 days really have flown by, and I'm sad to say that I have to head back to work next Tuesday. The time off really has been great, and I only wish that I had more time to bond with my boy...but the bill collector probably won't shed any tears for me, so back to work I head. It is pretty great that Michaela will get to stay home with Landon for the next few months.


As for this week, Landon really has been a great baby. I hear all these "horror" stories from people about lack of sleep and constant crying...knock on wood....we really have faired pretty well. Yes, he is a newborn, so he does have a very funky eating schedule and Michaela and I (and Michaela's Mom Rachael) have all seen the ugly side of 3am a few times, but that was to be expected. He's really very good about getting changed, burped, fed, and back to sleep. We have heard that most infants hit a growth spurt around day 10, so who knows, he might be 6 feet tall by his first birthday!!! But I doubt it.... :)

Today was pretty great as well...I managed to get out and play a round of golf with my Dad...if only I could putt....

Michaela, Rachael, and Landon ran a few errands and just hung out at the house. After golf, Michaela and I went and got an immunization shot to keep the germs away from the baby. Let's just say that Michaela is pretty much "done" with needles and shots at this point, and even though the doctor didn't give her a lollipop, she still managed to make it through in one piece.

Other than that, not much new in Babyland. Michaela's stepfather Steve is driving from Yuma, AZ to Sacramento, CA tonight and should be in tomorrow sometime. We wish him a safe trip and can't wait for him to meet his grandson. That, and he's bringing some Tri-Tip to grill on Sunday, so our mouths are already watering...it's just too bad Landon doesn't have any teeth yet, so he really won't be able to partake in the fun!

Wishing you all the best and I hope you have a great weekend! Please continue to email us and post comments as you like.
Stay tuned for more...
-Dustin



1 comment:

The McFarrens said...

What sweet pictures! It sounds like you guys are getting a routine down. We can't wait to see you all! Just a few more weeks!