Well, so far the baby is not even one day old and he's already testing his parents' patience! We've tried pineapple (supposedly good for getting things rolling), 5-mile walks (the dogs sure are loving this whole pregnancy thing), spicy foods (well, moderately spicy...I have to eat it too!), and any other thing that can be found in the library of baby books that currently cover our house. So far, nothing....yes it's true that our actual due date isn't until Friday (and it seems like every person we know tells us that "most of the first-timers come AFTER their due date"), but we're still optimistic...not only have most of our friends that have recently had babies delivered early, but also...
Michaela went to the doctor last week and we were pleasantly surprised to find out that we were "further along" than we thought we were and "might not make it to our due date"...those were the Doc's words at any rate...needless to say, I am already running around as if I chugged 3 Red Bulls and 4 pots of coffee, so those words from the Doc pushed me to "a whole new level"...I don't really know how Michaela can stand it...between her own excitement and my constant barrage of "are you ok?" and "anything yet?" I have a feeling that I could soon find myself bunking with the dogs!
So that's really all there is to report...we'll definitely keep you posted. And if you find some down time, feel free to give Michaela a call at home...right now she is currently having a staring contest with Jack and he's never been beat...he has this ability to think about other things while he's competing...he thinks about how "pretty" the lights on the dishwasher are, or how the dog in the skylight came to be there...he's a cheater!
Monday, March 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment