I wanted to put up some more pictures, as every day we take more and more. I think that Landon is really starting to settle in with his new family. He does tend to sleep all day (most people tell me that this is normal for a newborn, but we check to make sure that he's still breathing at least 250 times a day)....
He continues to perfect his aim, and actually managed to pee on his Dad 3 times yesterday! Needless to say, I now wear multiple layers of clothing so that I can just peel off a layer after my son marks me. :)
I put a picture up today of Landon with his aunt Nicole (or Colie as I'm sure he'll call her). Nicole has been over to visit her nephew quite a bit, and it's been great to see her with him.
Here he is with his cousin Samantha and his "great" aunt Lisa. Below is Landon at the hospital with his "great" aunt Karen. And at the very bottom is Landon with his "great" uncle Dirk and aunt Siri.
It's funny to think about how young his "great" grandparents and "great" aunts and uncles actually are....oh well, they'll just have to live to deal with the new moniker.
As you can see, our son has been getting plenty of visitors, which has been absolutely wonderful! It seems that most people are either entranced by his "cuteness" or amazed at the long lengths of his fingers and toes...the general consensus is that he'll be a professional basketball player....but I would be ok with a golfer, musician, or maybe President of the United States...so really, there's no pressure.

As for Michaela, she's still doing great...her recovery has been going very well and she's been up and about quite a lot. I am still at home and get to stay here until next Tuesday, which is awesome!
Michaela's mother Rachael is still here and will be until next Friday. Her presence here has been a real godsend, as she's been able to afford Michaela and I some extra sleep. She's a natural grandmother and Landon sure does appreciate her help as well...he managed to pee on her the other day to thank her!
Michaela's stepfather Steve is coming into town on Saturday and he'll be here for a week...needless to say, we're all super excited for him to get here and meet his grandson. Then two weeks later, Michaela's Dad Skip will be here for a week, so the house continues to stay jam-packed with activity.
All in all, things here continue to run at a torrid pace....but Michaela and I are starting to really roll with this parenting thing and Landon continues to brighten our days....
Stay tuned for more... -Dustin
No comments:
Post a Comment