Thursday, March 20, 2008

First Night at Home

So the first night at home is in the books and all I can say is "Wow". The night started out easy enough, with my Mom, Stepdad, and sister hanging out with us and the baby. After they left Michaela and I decided to see if he'd get a little shut eye and so we all settled down for a little nap. Unfortunately, he really didn't seem too interested in sleeping...or anything but crying for that matter! Needless to say, from 11pm to about 4am it was a bit of a cryfest at the Burgess house.


To answer the question that I know you all have in your mind, Yes we did end up calling the hospital! I know, I know, it's so cliche...but better safe than sorry...and don't worry, because everything is fine...he was just very set on being held and Michaela ended up falling asleep with him on her chest for a few hours....we ended up bringing in a "relief pitcher" at 7am when my Mom came over to let us catch a few ZZZ's.

He seems to be pretty attentive today, and he's also eating quite a bit. All good signs.


I just thought I'd post another couple of pictures so you all can get your "baby fix"....I'll continue to post a few as I get time.
Michaela's Mom is going to arrive in town tomorrow morning and we're both very excited to see her.
In the meantime, I'll keep posting...so keep on reading!

2 comments:

rlorona said...

michaela & dustin- your son is so beautiful. thanx for sharing the pix with us, and I hope you are doing OK... call any time with questions, and I hope I can help you out ! It will be great to have your mom there, Mickey-she is so excited !! and holding a baby can never spoil them ( don't let any one tell you different !) they LOVE that...drink fluids, and rest when he's sleeping..(Dustin do the dishes!) and just remember some day he won't want to quit playing to come in to eat, and @ 15 he'll be trying to sneak out of the house !! love, love, love you all, A. Becky

Opa and Oma Burgess said...

Congratulations Burgess family! We are thrilled for the 3 of you. :) We know that being a parent is one of the best things that can happen to anyone. Don't worry about getting much sleep until they are out of the house for good! (Even then you still pray for them!)
Steve and I are thrilled to be grandparents and we know your parents are to!
Take care of Michaela Dustin. She really needs alot of TLC right now and I know you will do a great job of that.
Much love and blessings,
Uncle Steve and Aunt Ginny