Do I even need to say anything? I have had quite a bit of downtime over the past 60+ hours to come up with a clever post for our first "post-baby" blog (who knew that "labor" was just another way to say "waiting with pain"??), but after spending the last 29 hours staring at my son...I don't really need to say much at all...I mean, LOOK AT THE PICTURE!!!
Landon came on Tuesday morning, and both he and his mom are doing wonderful. Labor was pretty long and difficult (until the epidural anyway), but they both came through with flying colors...and even I managed not to faint or sob too much.
His official stats at birth were: 6lbs, 4 oz and 19 inches long. He has very long fingers and toes, and a vice-like grip already. I am pretty sure that he'll be an NBA star in 19 years, but I'd settle for professional golfer as well.
Michaela and I spent the last 24 hours or so practicing how to change diapers, swaddle, burp, and feed him, so we thought we were pretty well prepared. It is funny how you can attain an insane level of over-confidence in your ability to handle an infant when you're surrounded by highly trained medical staff!! Needless to say, we've been home with him for a few hours now and realize just how clueless we are. Michaela and I are sure that we'll spend tonight making sure that he keeps breathing, but I'm sure we'll learn soon enough.
Last (but certainly not least), Michaela and I wanted to say a quick "Thank You" to everyone who has called, text messaged, sent flowers, or just included us in your prayers. It has definitely been a wild ride and we're both sorry if we haven't gotten back to each of you yet...I've got to get some sleep before I return any calls at this point!
We also wanted to say thanks to Dustin's parents: Dawn, Dennis, and Barry...all of who took time off work to come and visit with us and the baby....we'll post more pics of that soon I'm sure. We're also happy to announce that Michaela's parents: Steve, Rachael, and Skip will all be coming out to visit the little guy (and maybe they'll fit in a little time for us as well) over the next few weeks.
As always, our door is always open if you'd like to stop by for a visit. Just please remember to call ahead, as we're either going to be staring at the baby or sleeping, and we might miss the doorbell!
Stay tuned for more...
-Dustin
2 comments:
I just wanted to comment about how good you look in the picture...I'm impressed. I'm especialy glad to see your hair looking so nice since we discussed that beforehand. The only problem is that Landon totally upstages you...don't worry, its novelty, and it wears off. haha :-)
He's soooo precious! The three of you make a very handsome family :) We can't wait to meet him...too bad he will already be a month old by then! We'll just have to settle for pictures in the meantime. We couldn't be happier for you both. Congrats again!!
Post a Comment