Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My Last Day Off!!!!


The Day has finally arrived. After 11 days of dirty diapers, feedings, fussing, and more fun than it's fair to have doing those things...it is officially time for me to head back to work tomorrow. Landon will be spending the next two days with my Mom, next week with Michaela's Aunt Laura and cousin Alyssa, and the following two weeks with Michaela's Mom....then it's off to daycare....so we're sure he'll manage to keep busy, even without his dear old Dad around to laugh at.


As I didn't get to post the last two days, you may be wondering what we did this weekend...well, we tiled...and we tiled. The entryway is completely done, and I'll get some pictures put up probably with the next post...it looks great, and I want to give a quick shout out to My Dad who came into town this weekend to give me a hand...much appreciated Dad!

We also went and saw the movie "Wanted" this weekend...it was pretty fun...not a great plot, but I wasn't really expecting one....to me, it felt like a mix between The Matrix and Fight Club...if you liked those two, then you'll enjoy this one as I did.


The Baby is still a happy little camper. Unfortunately he is back to not sleeping through the night anymore...we're not sure what happened, because he did give us two weeks of 9 hours straight sleep, but now he's back to needing a late night feeding...it's not the end of the world and we're dealing with it fine, but it was nice while it lasted! He has also taken to grabbing his toes whenever he's bored...not sure why, but he loves to stretch that way...maybe he'll get into yoga classes at an early age??


Another thing that I just learned, is that Landon's musical taste is evolving...yes, he still loves all of his past favorites, but he also really enjoys classical music and today I found out that he loves Prince! I think it's because Prince makes all kinds of funny sounds when he sings, and Landon can duplicate those sounds...I'm listening to Prince's greatest hits right now and the baby is just singing along with me...pretty funny actually.

Michaela and I also got the opportunity to meet with a lawyer recently about setting up a trust (in case something crazy happens)...it's funny because that is one thing you never think of before a baby comes into the picture, but it's the first thing that you worry about after the baby arrives....at least now we'll have something set up so he'll be taken care of in the way we would like.
Oh yeah, and Jackie boy got a haircut this weekend....we like to shave his coat in the summer because he sheds so much more than Guinness and our house is always covered in dog hair. We think he looks very handsome and seems quite a bit happier now...

That's pretty much all the news to report for now. Check back in a day or so, as we have some big news to share with you...just can't mention it quite yet...and no, it has nothing to do with another baby, so please take a chill pill to all you crazies out there that want us to dive right back into the pregnant life...we think that we'll be taking some much-needed time off before wading back into that pool.
Hope you're staying cool this summer...see you soon!







No comments: