Can you believe that it's been 17 weeks? I know that I sure can't....our son is an absolute miracle and Michaela and I feel that we are the luckiest people in the world. I mean, just look at that smile!! I posted two pictures today of him in his new Bumbo chair (thanks to Kendra and Bronson for the idea)...it's basically a strong foam chair that helps the baby sit up on his own...he's to the point now where he constantly needs to be looking around and checking things out...when we lay him down, he tries to sit up on his own but he's just not strong enough yet (and he's a little on the tubby side so it's hard to get all those rolls moving in one direction)...so this chair really helps him do that on his own...as you can see, he's pretty happy with it. :)
Today is my second to last day at work (as you can see by the fact that I'm posting this in the morning, I'm not that busy right now)...it's been an interesting few days here, but I'm just about done and on to new and exciting things! I'm really looking forward to my few days of unemployment, as I'll be at home on Thursday and Friday...I am planning to play golf with My Grandpa and My Dad on Thursday morning, and then I'm probably going to be spending the rest of my time off landscaping that front yard...I've made a small dent in it (by tearing out tons of bushes), but I still have a very long way to go.....
I've also posted a couple of pictures from Saturday...we went back to the Loomis Resort and Spa (aka. My Aunt Lisa's House), where we hung out by the pool, had some cold drinks, and relaxed...it was Laura and Alyssa's last day with us, and we thought that was the least we could do, as they were couped up inside all week because of the poor air quality.
The torch (or baby in this case) has been passed to Michaela's Mom Rachael, who came into town on Saturday night. She will be staying with us for two weeks, and she and Landon have already got their routine dialed in...They play and read, and talk, and eat, and sleep...all in some order, all day long....it might sound a little taxing to those who have experienced it (or boring to those who haven't), but I assure you...Rachael is cherishing every minute that she gets to spend with her grandson...we understand how much our out-of-town family and friends want to see the baby, so any opportunity that they get is savored.
On the baby development front, we haven't seen a tooth yet, but we know it's in there somewhere...the major drooling persists, and his jaw is getting stronger by the day...he gnaws on Michaela's fingers so much that I'm worried she's going to be missing one sometime soon! He's also got a bit of a fever, which is a definite symptom of teething...he really hasn't been fussy at all, but is contuing to ramp up his chatter....he actually woke us up to singing last night...yes, he was doing his baby talk...but I'm not kidding, it sounded like he was singing....he's just a super happy baby and Michaela and I feel so very lucky for that....we're going to keep our fingers crossed for the next one as well. ;) Landon has definitely set the bar very high, as far as babies can go.
We also got a nice surprise last night in that Landon's Aunt Nicole came by for a visit. She has been super busy with her job and social life lately, so we haven't really seen much of her...it was great to have her over for dinner and a movie...we hope that she continues to come over to see her nephew whenever she feels like it....we miss having her sarcastic sense of humor around.
As some of you know, my birthday is coming up on Tuesday (July 22nd)...yes, it is the day after I start my new job, so I decided it probably wouldn't look too great to ask for the day off... But we're probably going to go out to a dinner or something this weekend....I'm so excited for my birthday this year, and it's not because I'm finally the big 2-7....I mean, has anyone EVER been excited to turn 27??? Nope, I'm excited this year because it will be my first birthday as a Father and my first birthday that I get to spend with my son. As I am sure you are tired of hearing, I have no idea how I got so lucky to land the greatest wife in the world AND end up with the best baby ever...but I did! And this is my blog, so you're just going to have to deal with it!
I hope you have a great week...stay cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment