Happy Weekend to you! Sorry for the delay between posts, but as it turns out...being unemployed is actually kind of fun! Ok, it's not a financially sound plan for getting through life, but for a short two day span, it's actually pretty entertaining! As you know, my last day with Raley's was Wednesday, and it was definitely a sad day...it's always difficult to say goodbye to friends that you've worked with for years, and this was no different. But I still don't regret the decision that we made, and I can't wait to start my new job on Monday! I was thinking about asking for my birthday off, but as it's my second day on the job...I just thought that might not look too great ;)
As for being unemployed this week, my original plan was to put on a "wife-beater" tank top, spill some beer on it, and sit with empty cans all around me when Michaela got home from work...just to say "see, this is how it is for some people!"...but the odds of getting a laugh were about as a high as the odds of getting a slap, so I decided against it. Anyways, I did manage to play a round of golf with My Dad and Grandpa on Thursday, and it was awesome! I then spent several hours working on landscaping our front yard during the hottest part of the day, and I think I got a minor case of sunstroke...don't try that at home boys and girls! Anyhow, I've made some great progress on the front yard, but still have a ways to go.
Enough of the non-baby talk already! Ok, I know that this picture is gross...but for all you non-parents out there, THIS is what you have to look forward to...Michaela always says "they
warned us about the diapers, but they didn't say a thing about the spit-up!"....we actually thought about entering Landon in the Baby World Spit-Up Championships, but due to his weight, he'd be going up against 2 year olds, and that just wouldn't be fair! ;) The doctor says one thing when we ask him about the never-ending spit up..."it's a laundry problem, not a baby problem"....so we're ok with that...it's true that I probably change shirts just as often as he does (anywhere from 3-5 times per day), but I'm sad to say that you just get used to it!
Oh yeah, it occurs to me that I haven't posted his weight in a while...Michaela weighed him the other day and he's now coming in at 18lbs, 6oz...so yes, he's a big boy! The funny thing is, when she weighed him, I couldn't resist and had to play a little joke on her...how she weighs him, is she steps on the scale without him to get her weight, then she steps back on it with him, and the difference is his weight....well, she got her own weight, but then when she went back on it with him, I pretended to be looking at the scale but I stuck my toe on it behind her and put a ton of pressure on it...so at first she was like "Ok, he weighs 17 lbs, 18 lbs, 19 lbs, 30 lbs, 50 lbs, 60 lbs!"...I told her it must have been a malfunction and she should try it again, but I did the toe trick again...3 times I did this and she had no clue what was going on...she thought we had the "ever-growing sumo baby" on our hands...it was absolutely hilarious and I finally had to let her in on the joke because I was going to pee my pants from holding in the laughter! Not sure how that story translates on paper, maybe you had to be there.
As you can see by the pictures, Landon has been really enjoying his time with his Nana Rachael this week, and he gets another whole week with her! They have been able to get out for walks pretty much every day, and they spend time reading and chatting as well. Rachael is definitely a natural with him and she has even been gracious enough to field some advice from her niece Alyssa, who has plenty of good information for Rachael about how to care for Landon. ;)
As of now, I'm sure you're reading this and saying "why did he include something about teeth in the blog name?"...well, I'm getting there so hold your horses! Here's the deal...we are pretty positive that we're going to see some white popping through Landon's gums any day now. He has been "running hot" lately, with a small fever for a probably a couple of weeks. For the most part, he is still his happy self and Rachael says "he is just a really good, really happy baby"...he only really fusses when he's either hungry or very sleepy....and he almost never cries (yes, there is a difference between fussing and crying)...well, the whole teething thing has brought on several big changes to Landon...the big one is the change in sleeping pattern...he wakes himself up several times per night now...and while Michaela is a pro at getting him to fall back to sleep in several minutes, it's still difficult to cut into your sleep so often.....the second change is his desire to chew on everything...before he just kind of liked to stick things in his mouth to get the feel and taste of something...now he's really chomping down on fingers and arms and anything that he can get in there...and feeling his gums really makes us sure that we'll see a tooth shortly...and yes, I'll definitely get that picture up ASAP!
Here's a picture of Michaela and the baby in our new toy...it's called an "ERGO" and we got it as a gift from Michaela's Aunt Debra...it is awesome and we thank her very much for the great gift! Unlike the Baby Bjorn which puts a lot of pressure on your back, this thing is great a distributing the burden evenly across your body, so it's very easy to carry a heavy baby...plus, when he's a little bit bigger, we can flip that around and use it like a backpack with him in it...so that should be fun!
Well, I think that's pretty much it for now...we've got another busy weekend planned...we're going to keep working on the front yard...we're going to go out for my birthday dinner tonight (I'm finally getting Mexican food and you know what that means....Margaritas!)....I'm still hoping to see Batman, but who really knows if that'll pan out....anyhow, I hope you have a great weekend and I'll get another post up soon...I'm sure!
1 comment:
Hey Dustin and Michaela,
Looks like Landon is coming right along with the milestones! In my best Bill Clinton impersonation, "I feel your pain!" regarding the spit-up and laundry problems. We call it a wardrobe malfunction around our house. :) You are exactly right about the lack of warnings or expectations around the frequency and gross factor of spit-up incidences. Time to go do some more laundry...
Post a Comment