Sunday, June 28, 2009

Weekend Recap

Hey All,


This is going to be a short post, because it is super hot here and I'm wiped out. I know, I know...what a wuss! I'm complaining about it hitting 106, while our Yuma family is dealing with a blistering 110 or so....oh well....this was the first really hot couple of days of the Summer...so it's going to take some getting used to.

As for us, we have had a nice weekend so far. Yesterday we headed up to Vacaville, CA to spend the day with my Dad and his girlfriend Cora. My Dad and I ended up sneaking out to go see Transformers 2 (which was awesome by the way), while the girls took Landon shopping at the Vacaville Outlet stores. After the movie ended, we all met up at a local Sushi joint for some sushi rolls and cold beer. We had a really great day and Landon had a very nice time exploring Grandpa Barry's house, as it was the first time that he'd been there.


One of the things that Michaela ended up getting yesterday was a pair of sunglasses for Landon. He is still deciding whether or not he likes to wear them, but I was able to snap a pretty good picture of him...here he is in full Terminator pose...he just needs to learn how to say "I'll be Back"...


Last night it was still pretty darn hot, so we had a light dinner and headed off to bed pretty early...it's amazing how the Sun just zaps the energy out of you, isn't it?


Today we got up early, thinking that we'd fit in a run before it got too hot...unfortunately, I hurt my knee after our run last week and it's still very painful to run on...so Michaela was forced to run by herself, much to her husband's disappointment. I am hoping that it feels better soon, as I have been pretty motivated lately, and don't want to lose my momentum.

Other than that, we've just had a lazy Sunday filled with a few errands, and some quiet time.


As for baby-related news, the only new milestone that I can think to add here is that we can now ask Landon to find something in any of his books (on any page, not just the page that he's currently on) and he'll flip through the book until he finds it and then he'll point to it....he's especially good with the animals...it's pretty cool to see him do it, and I'm very impressed with our smart little guy....

I will say that I fully expect this week to fly right on by, as we're so looking forward to our trip next week.

More to come...have a great week, and stay cool!

No comments: