Monday, June 1, 2009

Weekend Update

We hope you all had a great weekend.

Ours was jam-packed with fun activities, so let's dive in.

Saturday morning we got up nice and early (around 6am...I know we're old!!!) and took Landon and the dogs for a jog around our neighborhood. Then the three of us enjoyed a nice breakfast before I headed out for some golf. I rarely get the chance to play these days, so I always jump at an invitation to get out on the course. I played with my Dad, my Grandpa, and my friend Aaron. While the golf wasn't too great, it was nice to get out and enjoy the weather and the company. It just serves as a reminder that I can't go out and play once every few months and expect much out of my game. I'm just counting down the days until I can bring Landon out on the course with me...I'm thinking that we're not too far away from our first trip to the putting green!


After golf my Dad came back to the house with me to give me a hand in fixing our gas grill. This thing has been a thorn in my side for some time now, as it is only two years old and the gas burner tubes had completely cracked through. This in itself isn't a huge deal, but the screws that held them in place had completely melted, so I had no idea how to get the darn things off to replace! Anyhow, to make a long story short, my Dad came over with a bunch of his tools, worked his magic, and presto! We have a functioning gas grill again. We had been using our
Webber grill with charcoal, but I forgot how different it is to grill that way. Oh well, we're back to normal now. Thanks Dad!


After we got that fixed, our friends Misty and Aaron (yes, the same one from golf) came over to try out the BBQ and partake in some summertime refreshments. We had a great time hanging out with them as always, and Landon really took a liking to Aaron this time around. We all hung out in the backyard and Landon would constantly bring things over to Aaron for him to check out. It was pretty funny.

That gets us to Sunday, which was filled with errands, a turkey, laundry, and some much-needed R&R.

What do I mean by "a turkey" you may be asking yourself. Well, we were hanging out on Sunday enjoying some coffee when Michaela noticed some movement in our backyard. Normally we just assume that it's Jack chasing after the squirrels that torment him, but not this time. It turns out that we had a female turkey (or what we think might have been one) cruising through our backyard. This picture may not do it justice as to how big it actually was, but it was pretty good size. We really are not sure if this thing was a turkey or not. It has the markings of one...and is much larger than a normal bird. Any ideas? Anyone? Anyhow, we were wondering if it hurt it's wing or something, as it didn't really want to fly away. Once our dogs spotted it, they really wanted to go out and introduce themselves, but we thought it better for all of us if they stayed inside. I ended up opening the gate and "shooing" it out after about an hour or so.



As for Landon's new tricks, we had a couple of things happen this week. He learned a new word, which he says very clearly (as opposed to babbling it)...it is...WAFFLE. It's pretty cute when he says it, that's for sure! He also tries to say "Bless You" when you sneeze, although it's not so clear as to what he actually says. He sounds like he's saying "B", but the thought is there, because anytime someone sneezes in the house, he will look at you and say "B". At least he understands that is something close to the response you give to someone after they sneeze. We also discovered that Landon knows how to walk backwards, as he was doing this all day yesterday. We're pretty impressed by it, as it is not only very brave for him to do that since he can't see where he's going, but it also takes a different set of muscles to do this, which is good for his body development.

That's going to be it for today's post. I'm heading off to daycare and work now.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

BeccaMac said...

Jonny said it's probably a chucker that was smart enough to leave the hunting club where he came from. They're kind of like big quail.