Monday, June 15, 2009

The Lake with a Buddy

Happy Monday Everyone! Ok, Mondays aren't all that happy, and the only thing I can come up with that is good about them is that it's one day closer to the next weekend (unless your birthday happens to fall on a Monday, in which case Mondays rock!).


Anyhow, I normally don't do a Monday post, but so much happened this weekend that I thought a post was an absolute necessity. We just have too many fun pictures to sit on for another day.


First and foremost, we FINALLY gave Landon his first haircut this weekend. Since we only wanted to remove his mullet, and let the top grow until it evens out, we decided to do it ourselves. Landon was very good and just sat there while Michaela made the cuts. While it initially came off a little uneven, she managed to clean it up with Daddy's clippers and now he looks very sharp.



Saturday was our first garage sale in probably 8 years....and I think it was pretty darn succesful. We managed to unload a ton of things that had been taking up space in the garage, and we made a decent chunk of change to go with it. We sold DVD's, TV's, baby stuff, a bed, and even my ping pong table (we'll get a new one when Landon is old enough to play). Landon had a great time playing in the front yard for a change, and was very social with all of the people that came by to look. After a long day in the sun, we ran a few errands (including getting Landon a new pair of Teva sandals for our upcoming beach vacation), and had a nice dinner at BJ's Brewery. It was a great day!

Sunday we headed out to Folsom Lake with Landon and our dogs Guinness and Jack, where we met up with our friends John and KC, their son Nick, and their 2-year old Golden Retriever Peyton. The dogs had a great time checking things out, swimming, and playing with each other...and the boys had a great time watching them! They also threw sticks and rocks into the water, splashed a bunch, and had a great old time.

After that, we headed home for a much-needed nap, and some rest before the new week was upon us.

All things considered, it was a great weekend!



As for today, we just got done taking the dogs and the kid on a little jog around the neighborhood...Michaela is in training for the Nike Women's marathon in San Francisco in October, and I thought it'd be fun to go with her...needless to say, I'm a little out of shape and need to get out running with her more often...my wind was fine, but my knee hurt...that's a sign of old age that I'm not prepared for!



After that, we grilled up some great steaks, and paired them with pasta roni (one of Landon's all-time favorites) and broccoli. We had an interesting discovery at dinner time, that might be a million dollar idea down the road....broccoli/blueberry yogurt! I know, I know...gross right? Well maybe not everyone is quite so quick to turn away from such a delightful treat! Landon accidentally dropped a piece of his broccoli into his yogurt, muttered "uh oh", stabbed it with his fork, and gulped it down! Michaela and I sat there looking at each other, then at him, then back at each other with a mixture of exasperation, disgust, and repressed giggles. Landon looked at us with a "what's the big deal?" look, then proceeded to dunk the remainder of his broccoli into the yogurt and eat it. While I'm not suggesting we market this to anyone over the age of two, we could be on to something, right? :)


Have a great week!

4 comments:

BeccaMac said...

Next he should try pickles and peanut butter. I've heard it's great!

Dustin said...

He's not pregnant!

BeccaMac said...

Ramsey loves it...pregnant or not

Morris Family said...

You guys don't know what you're missing! I didn't know you were training for a marathon Michaela! That's awesome! We'll have to go for a run together in Laguna!