It’s me, Landon, and I’m back for some more bloggin’! I know I haven’t posted a blog entry in a while, but my Mommy told me that too much time on the computer is bad for me, so I’ve decided to take her advice and spend more of my time chewing on water bottles and banging random things together instead. If computer time really is bad for you, then my Daddy must be the most unhealthy person around, because he’s on the computer all the time! Mommy says that his job actually requires it….that’s just crazy talk! Imagine getting paid to stare at something that ends up hurting your vision and making you wear thick glasses….no thank you! I think I’ll be a professional golfer or maybe a football player…you know, something where I can be outdoors a lot. I guess being a doctor wouldn’t be bad either, at least I wouldn’t be staring at a computer screen all day.
I’m sure that Mommy and Daddy have been keeping you posted with up-to-date information of “all things Landon”, but I’m here to give you the real scoop…
First off, let me say that the Baby Einstein DVD's rock the house! I've been watching the "My First Signs" DVD lately (it's about 20 minutes long), and it's so fun...there is this really cool Blue sock-puppet thing...I'm not exactly sure what kind of animal it's supposed to be, but he cracks me up every time he pops up on that television screen...it's too funny!
Also, I would just like to put it on record that I am officially a fan of the bath. I recently had my first bath in the "big boy bathtub" and it was awesome! For the first 6 months of my life, I've
been carried into the shower by Daddy to get cleaned up, and while it's fun to draw things on the steamy shower stall, it's also alot of work for my Daddy and wasn't a ton of fun for me. But this whole bath tub thing is so cool. I get to play with toys while I get cleaned up...who could ask for anything more?But I digress...
Ok, so Mommy and Daddy recently took me to go see this man they called “doctor”…the visit started off well enough. He smiled at me a lot, made some funny noises, and had some really cool instruments (that he wouldn’t let me play with, no matter how cute I looked)….he even gave me a book that I could chew on as much as I wanted….but then he left and “she” came in. I don’t know what her name was, but I’ll never forget her face. She came at me with smiles and reassuring words….I figured she was a nice lady because Mommy and Daddy were there and were letting her come closer to me….then it happened…BAM!!! Out of nowhere, she sticks me with these really sharp things right into my cute little legs (ok, so they’re not THAT little, but whatever)….it hurt so bad and Mommy and Daddy just sat there with these weird looks on their faces while I was screaming and crying…I even gave them my best “SAVE ME, SAVE ME, HELP ME, HELP ME!” look, and do you know what I got back from them??? ….Nothing.
Anyhow…that was definitely the least amount of fun I’ve had in the past few months, and I'm definitely not going back to that "doctor" guy anytime soon...but I have decided to forgive Mommy and Daddy for now, as I haven’t mastered how to feed myself yet and boy do I get hungry!
Since we’re on the subject of food, let me tell you that I love me some green beans! MMMM…
makes me hungry just to think about them. I especially like it when Daddy makes these funny noises when he feeds me…as soon as he starts to make the noise, I know that it’s time to open up (otherwise he ends up getting it all over my face)…it’s a fun game that we play…since he ends up getting it on me, I figured out a way to get him back…I get the food all over my hands and face, then I grab one of my toys that are nearby and smear the food all over the toy…then, I throw it across the room so that the food gets all over the carpet/floor/dogs/Mommy, whatever. It’s a pretty fun game, and it also helps me work on my throwing technique….Daddy assures me that I’m going to be a great ballplayer, and I figure it doesn’t hurt to get an early start.
Let’s see…what else should I talk about?

Ok, so Mommy and Daddy recently took me to go see this man they called “doctor”…the visit started off well enough. He smiled at me a lot, made some funny noises, and had some really cool instruments (that he wouldn’t let me play with, no matter how cute I looked)….he even gave me a book that I could chew on as much as I wanted….but then he left and “she” came in. I don’t know what her name was, but I’ll never forget her face. She came at me with smiles and reassuring words….I figured she was a nice lady because Mommy and Daddy were there and were letting her come closer to me….then it happened…BAM!!! Out of nowhere, she sticks me with these really sharp things right into my cute little legs (ok, so they’re not THAT little, but whatever)….it hurt so bad and Mommy and Daddy just sat there with these weird looks on their faces while I was screaming and crying…I even gave them my best “SAVE ME, SAVE ME, HELP ME, HELP ME!” look, and do you know what I got back from them??? ….Nothing.
Anyhow…that was definitely the least amount of fun I’ve had in the past few months, and I'm definitely not going back to that "doctor" guy anytime soon...but I have decided to forgive Mommy and Daddy for now, as I haven’t mastered how to feed myself yet and boy do I get hungry!
Since we’re on the subject of food, let me tell you that I love me some green beans! MMMM…
Let’s see…what else should I talk about?

Let me briefly talk about a couple of my least favorite things for a minute....first off, I'm going to go with clothes that are too small for me. If you look closely at this picture, you can see that these jeans are not made for a baby with my build. Sure, the tag says 6-12 months, but if Daddy needs two shoehorns, a stick of butter, and some duct tape to get me into them, then THEY DON'T FIT ME! I know Daddy, I look really cute in them, but can't you see that my face is turning blue? Come on, get with the program Pops!
As most of you know, I'm a pretty happy baby and I can't think of much else that I don't really like (besides the lady at the doctor's office)...oh yeah, I came up with one more....TEETHING.
Let's just say that teething is not cool. In this picture you can see my beautiful pearly whites (I currently have two), and I love to chew on things (especially Mommy's fingers), but I really don't like it when they come in. I get a fever and get all congested, and boy does it hurt!
But I'm a tough guy, so let's move on from that subject...
I guess I haven’t really talked much about my daycare yet…it’s a pretty fun place. I'd much rather be at home with Mommy and Daddy, but since they have to work, Kindercare really isn't too bad. Most of the teachers there are very nice, and I think at least 3 of them are in love with me. I try to tell them that “hey, I’m only a baby ladies…either you’re going to have to find someone else, or you’re going to have to wait for 18 years”…I honestly couldn’t tell you which way they’d lean.
I have made some good friends so far, and there actually a couple of kids that are even bigger than me! Sure, they’re anywhere from 3-6 months older than me, but still…it’s nice to not feel like the giant all the time. We spend most of our days taking long naps and playing with each other. Sometimes I’ll just sit for long periods of time to watch the other kids motoring along. It makes me think that maybe I should figure out this whole “crawling / walking” thing soon. Apparently it’s a fun thing to do, but it just looks like so much work. I actually get tired watching these babies crawl from place to place…I mean, why would I want to crawl when I can fuss for a minute and get what I want just the same? Seems like common sense, doesn’t it?
Up to this point, I’d have to say the highlight of my weeks is Sunday. It’s a pretty fun day because Daddy gets all excited about his football games, and I really enjoy having the whole day to spend with both Mommy and Daddy. We usually will go for a long walk with the dogs, and spend a bunch of time playing with each other while Daddy screams and yells at the television…I
haven’t really gotten into this whole “Fantasy Football” thing yet, but he sure seems to enjoy it and I might have to give it a try sometime soon.
I hate to say it, but Mommy is telling me that my computer time is up for now, so I guess I’ll be signing off. It’s been fun catching up with you all, and I’ll try to do it again sometime soon.
Love to you all!
-Landon
I have made some good friends so far, and there actually a couple of kids that are even bigger than me! Sure, they’re anywhere from 3-6 months older than me, but still…it’s nice to not feel like the giant all the time. We spend most of our days taking long naps and playing with each other. Sometimes I’ll just sit for long periods of time to watch the other kids motoring along. It makes me think that maybe I should figure out this whole “crawling / walking” thing soon. Apparently it’s a fun thing to do, but it just looks like so much work. I actually get tired watching these babies crawl from place to place…I mean, why would I want to crawl when I can fuss for a minute and get what I want just the same? Seems like common sense, doesn’t it?
Up to this point, I’d have to say the highlight of my weeks is Sunday. It’s a pretty fun day because Daddy gets all excited about his football games, and I really enjoy having the whole day to spend with both Mommy and Daddy. We usually will go for a long walk with the dogs, and spend a bunch of time playing with each other while Daddy screams and yells at the television…I
I hate to say it, but Mommy is telling me that my computer time is up for now, so I guess I’ll be signing off. It’s been fun catching up with you all, and I’ll try to do it again sometime soon.
Love to you all!
-Landon
No comments:
Post a Comment