Doesn't it ever seem to you like the work week is just a bunch of days between weekends where you think about what happened last weekend and you plan ahead for the next weekend? Well let me tell you, when you have a baby, that feeling magnifies by 50!
So much of our time these days revolve around a tight schedule, so we really don't have a lot of free time during the week for fun or leisure activities. Most days I don't even get home until almost 6:30pm, then we immediately jump in to getting ourselves and Landon fed. Our new thing was to move Landon's high chair into the dining room and now we make a concerted effort of eating our meals at the dinner table, and we feed him at the same time that we eat. We're hoping that by doing this, we'll get into a good habit of eating at the dinner table (with the TV off), and get him excited about eating with us.
After dinner is made and eaten comes the clean up process...not only our dishes, but cleaning up
a baby after a few rounds with creamed squash or sweet potatoes is a messy proposition! Then we like to take our dogs for a walk (usually around 2 miles), and by the time we get home, it's about time to get Landon in his PJ's and ready for the big good night. As most of you know, Michaela and I have never really been "late nighters", and we almost never see the backside of 10pm...especially on the week nights! So that being said, that about takes us through our evenings.
a baby after a few rounds with creamed squash or sweet potatoes is a messy proposition! Then we like to take our dogs for a walk (usually around 2 miles), and by the time we get home, it's about time to get Landon in his PJ's and ready for the big good night. As most of you know, Michaela and I have never really been "late nighters", and we almost never see the backside of 10pm...especially on the week nights! So that being said, that about takes us through our evenings. Now I am a self-proclaimed "TV nut"...I have so many shows that I love to watch, and the new season of television is starting now...well, this has been quite an adjustment for me, because as you can see from our schedule, there just really isn't much time for TV....my favorite invention of all time (TIVO) has helped me catch up on some of my shows on the weekend, but we're going to have to see if I can make it through this season of TV...Michaela has always had more of a "take it or leave it" approach to TV anyways, so she doesn't really seem to mind...but if I have to say goodbye to my favorites: Survivor, Lost, Rescue Me, and Entourage...I'm sure going to be bummed! Oh well, we'll just have to tack that on to the sacrifices that we make when we decide to have kids. :)
As for this week, Landon had another great week at daycare. He managed to get me sick AGAIN last weekend, so I spent most of this week fighting off another cold. Landon seems to just love daycare though...he really enjoys watching the other kids crawl and walk around, but he hasn't shown much interest in trying it himself. His lower two teeth are completely in now and he loves to show them off (we'll work on getting a better picture posted)....other than that, he's just a happy little man....well, let me rephrase that...he's a happy big man! The kid has jumped up a
Other than that, we're looking forward to a weekend of running errands, housework, yardwork, shopping, maybe some grilling, and most definitely some football!!
Hope you all have a great weekend.
PS~ I posted this video below of Landon, Guinness, and I playing ball. Originally when we were doing this, Landon was laughing his head off, but I think he finally got a little tired of the game and stopped laughing. Even still, you can get the idea...Guinness absolutely loves playing this game and I'm sure he'll pester Landon endlessly to play once he's old enough to do it on his own.
Enjoy...
No comments:
Post a Comment