
Good Morning,

I'll end with a picture of the three of us from last night. While he's not looking at the camera, we figured it was as good as it was gonna get in the crazy atmosphere of the Cheesecake Factory.
I hope your weekend has been fun so far, and that your Sunday is relaxing and fulfilling. As for us, we've had a great weekend up to this point! On Friday night we played with Landon, had some dinner, and just relaxed as much as possible. We even were able to catch up on some of our television shows (the new "Sons of Anarchy" on FX is awesome!), and we watched a few movies...Made of Honor was cute, but definitely a chick-flick...Speed Racer was very fun during the driving scenes, but was WAY too long for that type of movie.
Saturday was a busy day. We started out with breakfast, then a long walk with the dogs, as the weather here is nice and cool during the mornings/evenings, and really only hits the low-80's during the day now. After that, Michaela went and got her hair cut while Landon and I stayed at home and played. He had a pretty long nap, and then he munched on some green beans for lunch...my new trick is to make him laugh while he eats, as it helps open his mouth wide so I can get the spoon in there. :)

After Michaela returned with a smokin' new hair style, we headed out to Costco and the grocery store. Landon is so good when we go out to new places, as he's just fascinated by all the things to lo0k at and he laughs at all the people that smile at him.
Last night was a first. We headed out to the Cheesecake Factory for some dinner as a family. This was the first time that we have gone out for a meal where we had Landon sit in the highchair on his own. I'm pleased to say that he did great! He didn't cry at all, and spent most of his time banging his keys and his toys on the table. We tried to feed him some more food while we were there, but he was fairly distracted by all the sights and sounds. As you can see by the picture, he did eat however. ;)
I will say that we discovered that it's a whole new ballgame of packing when we're planning to feed him somewhere else. Since he's eating baby food, we have to pack bowls, spoons, bibs, food, oatmeal (that gets mixed into his food), and plenty of wipes...not to mention something to bring
all that home in without making a huge mess! But I guess that's to be expected, and tacking that on to the fact that both his clothes and his diapers are much larger in size, we expect to have to upgrade the size of our diaper bag soon.
all that home in without making a huge mess! But I guess that's to be expected, and tacking that on to the fact that both his clothes and his diapers are much larger in size, we expect to have to upgrade the size of our diaper bag soon. Other than that, as far as milestones that he hit this week..the only one that we can really think of is that he "looks for dropped items" now...apparently that's a baby milestone. He spends quite a lot of time dropping or mistakenly throwing his toys, only to look for them afterwards. As for his diet, he's now eating squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans, bananas, and pears...so far the only things he hasn't had a taste for are applesauce, apple juice, and peaches...the peaches were kind of runny, so it may have been the taste, or may have been the consistency.
I guess this would be a good place to bring this up...when you hear people say that baby's diapers don't really smell and that it REALLY sucks when they move to baby foods, boy are they right! It has been a very smelly few weeks since Landon has been on the new stuff. I know this is kind of a gross thing to talk about, but hey, it's parenting at it's finest and this is a baby blog! Needless to say, I am not very squeamish and I am pretty comfortable with gross things...but I actually had my gag reflex kick in the other day because I wasn't ready for the present that Landon had in store for me. I know, I'm a Dad and need to be ready for this stuff, but I challenge anyone to get blindsided by a smell like that first thing in the morning and not go a little green. Anyways, that's enough of this kind of talk...
Anyhow, I think that's about it for now. As I mentioned in previous posts, he's got his doctor's appointment on Wednesday, so we're looking forward to finding out his measurements, as well as learning if we can try him on other foods.
I'll end with a picture of the three of us from last night. While he's not looking at the camera, we figured it was as good as it was gonna get in the crazy atmosphere of the Cheesecake Factory.Don't forget to root for the Cowboys over the Packers tonight!!! :)
We'll talk again soon....
No comments:
Post a Comment