Happy Friday to you all. Let me just say that this has been a VERY long week, and we’re extremely glad to see the weekend at last.
It’s weird to say, because I know that we had quite a few things going on during the week, but now that I sit down and try to remember them all, I’m drawing a big fat blank. I don’t know if it’s the fact that it’s Friday afternoon and my brain has finally reached it’s limit for the week, or if I’m really just losing my memory (as Michaela is quick to say to me every few days), but let’s see if I can’t dredge up a few tidbits.
Last weekend was pretty laid back, but we did manage to go to a “Mommy and Me” event on
Landon is getting more and more mobile as well. He can spin on his belly like a break-dancer, and seems like he is on the verge of doing the “army crawl”. One way that we work on his mobility is to sit on the ground with him with a toy that is just out of his reach so he has to work to go get it. Well….our little guy has figured out that it’s much easier to pull the entire blanket until the toy comes to him, rather than him going to it…I’m not sure if I should consider that clever or lazy…let me think about that one for a bit.
At his daycare, Landon got to paint for the very first time! All the kids got to play with some water-based paint, which was put on their hands and then pretty much all over everything else within reach. Apparently Landon went through 2 outfits on that day! The teachers told us that Landon enjoyed ripping up the paper a little more than painting, but they snapped a few pictures and he looks to have had a pretty good time.
We did notice this week that he was starting to get a pretty serious ras
h on his chin/mouth area (see this picture). We think that it’s just related to the excess drool that comes along with the teething process, but it is possible that he might be allergic to something that he’s eaten. This being the case, we get to back-track through his foods and sort of “reintroduce” them to him individually, just to confirm that he’s not allergic to any of them, and if he is, we can pinpoint it a lot easier…fun stuff, let me tell you! But he is a good eater, and it is pretty obvious that the daycare has been working with him on it as well. He’s very good about opening up when the food is on its way, and he can usually knock out a bowl of green beans or sweet potatoes in no time!Another thing, the weather has officially changed here in Sacramento. It is currently 67 degrees and raining by our home, and is supposed to rain for a portion of the weekend. This means that we finally get to break into Landon’s closet to see him in some of the many long-sleeved clothes that he hasn’t had a chance to wear yet. I’ll see if we can’t snap a few pictures of these soon.
We’re not sure if it’s related to the weather or not, but he has also started to get pretty congested again. It’s weird how cyclical it is with him, as he has been
completely fine for the last week or so, but he is definitely congested now. It very well might be from teething, but he hasn’t cut any new teeth since the first two came in (and they are fully in now). The poor little guy woke up crying like every couple of hours last night, as he couldn’t breathe from his nose. Michaela and I were both pretty exhausted this morning, and were pleased to remember that we could sleep in tomorrow if the baby allowed.Landon continues to make new sounds, which include “T-H-E”…kind of like when Jim Carrey tries to read the word “the” in the movie Dumb & Dumber…it’s pretty cute when he makes the noise….he also started making this noise today: “T-sss”…we think it almost sounds like he’s trying to say “Tess”…but we would like to point out that since he hasn’t actually met his Auntie Tess yet, that this does not count as an official word. :)
Well, I guess I could remember a few things after all! Always good to know I haven’t completely lost my mind yet….
Before I sign off, I wanted to give a quick shout out to my cousin Scott. He is currently playing freshman football for the Folsom Bulldogs and after dislocating his should early in the season, he valiantly stepped back into the starting defensive lineup for his homecoming game last night. From what I hear, he was having an excellent game until some bonehead on his own team broke Scott’s wrist in two places!!! OUCH!!! I know that he’s a tough guy, but it sounds like his season is over. Anyhow, I just wanted to say that I was really looking forward to watching him play this year, but it’ll just have to wait until next year. Scott~ Keep working hard, but make sure you give yourself some time to heal and you’ll be back.
Hope you all have a great weekend and we’ll see you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment