It has been a crazy-busy weekend for us, but I'm proud to say that it has been an extremely productive weekend as well. First and foremost, Michaela and I went and got ourselves a new camera, as our older camera didn't survive one of Landon's karate kicks and we couldn't go any longer without taking pictures...so the blog is back in business and hopefully there won't be any more prolonged delays between posts.
As for this weekend, we got our sod delivered to us on Saturday morning, so I spent a few hours in the morning putting it down. I am pleased to say that we are very happy with how the front yard turned out and I'm officially D-U-N (or "done" for those of you know how to spell) with working out there...here are a couple of pictures of the finished product...what do you think?
Michaela and I were both hoping that this was going to be a restful weekend, but it really hasn't turned out to be that way at all. Not only did we get the sod down, we also stained the back fence, did the normal housework, ran a ton of errands, and managed to get in an awful lot of baby developmental time with Landon. He's getting very good at sitting up on his own, he talks non-stop (especially at 2:30 in the morning when he should be sleeping!), and he now recognizes when we leave the room, and voices his protest by screaming his head off....
While taking some pictures of him today, it really struck me how grown up he is...for some reason, today more than any other day, he has really seemd like a (very) little boy, and not a baby....I don't know if it's his sitting up, talking, facial expressions, or the inhalation of 2 gallons of fence stain...any way you look at it, he definitely seems older to me.
As I mentioned, I did want to "break in" our new camera, so I took a bunch of different pictures of Landon while we were hanging out on the couch. I thought it would be fun to match up some pictures of him with what I think he might be thinking...so here we go...
----Woah....did you see the size of that teddy bear? I think it looked at me, don't look at it...no sudden movements, ok?
-----Are you talking to me? Well, I'm the only baby here, so you must be talking to me...Whaddya want?
----Yes Daddy, I want 3 giggle pills next time! Count 'em, one...two...three!





No comments:
Post a Comment