Saturday, August 23, 2008

2 Down, a Mouthful to go....


Good Morning All,

It's abnormally early for me on a Saturday, but I just couldn't sleep, so I figured that I might as well update the blog since I have all this "extra" time on my hands. ;)


I hope you all had a great week. Ours was very fast-paced and extremely exhausting....Michaela and I both just seem to have a ton of things going on lately between work, getting over these lingering illnesses, and the baby. But it's not all work and no play at the Burgess household...we have officially started working other foods into Landon's diet. As we mentioned in a previous post, we did get to try him on some applesauce with potatoes last weekend and he loved it. So we decided to take it one step further and we tried our luck with sweet potatoes. As you can see from the various pictures, I'm comfortable with saying that it was a success.


After talking with my Mom about it, she said that when I was a baby I was an "overeager overeater"...I really loved to eat and would basically try to get my face into whatever food I could....who knew that eating habits at such a young age could stay with me until now? At least I know who to blame for my ever-expanding waistline!!! ....just kidding Mom!


Anyhow...the reason I went on that little stroll down memory lane was to demonstrate that Landon is taking after his Daddy when it comes to certain things...he has precisely the same level of enthusiasm when it comes to eating. He leans his head forward and opens his mouth wide when the spoon is "coming in for a landing"....not to mention that he tries to grab the bowl and stick his face in it. It really is a prett comical sight to behold....and don't get me started on our dogs! Since Landon has started eating food where the dogs can see him actually getting fed, Landon is their new best friend. They sit as close to him as they can get and just stare at him with this look that is shouting "hey guys, just put the kid down here, we'll clean him up for you, no sweat!!!". So it really has been a family affair with the new food.



Landon is also taking after his Mommy with certain things...the one that I'm referring to now is his early teething...apparently Michaela got her teeth in at a very early age, and Landon's second tooth just broke the surface yesterday! One of my friends at work has an 8-month old son and he was very jealous to hear about Landon's second tooth, as they are still waiting patiently for the first one to arrive....I don't really think that this is considered "early" teething, but we have heard that some kids don't start for a year or so, so it is nice that he's got some chompers to practice with.



Ok, well I think I can hear some movement in other parts of the house, so I'm going to head off for some coffee.


As for this weekend, we've got a big fantasy football draft at our house today (Landon's first of many), so we'll try and get some pictures of that. Other than that, I think that we're going to try to keep it VERY low key....


Hope you all have a great weekend, and check back for more baby updates soon....

No comments: