
Hey All,
I know it's been a while since I've put a post up, but my beautiful wife has been gracious enough to keep the blog alive with some great posts of her own...I'm sorry that I haven't been able to post as often as I'd like, but as you can see from Michaela's previous posts...we've been busy! Between illnesses, getting the house ready to sell, a new job and schedule, and a sick baby, there is only so much time to go around....
Anyhow...I'm back, and I think this should be a fun post....so without further ado...
This week has been a week of milestones for our little guy. Yes, he has been sick with one thing or another for going on 18 days now, but it hasn't slowed him down one bit...yes, it's made our nights something less than "fun", but other than that, he's still growing exponentially. We were at Target the other day looking for baby clothes and I had picked out a bunch of really
fun outfits that I couldn't wait to see him wear....when I took them over to show Michaela, the conversation went something like this:
Me: "Look at these! He's going to be stylin'"
Michaela: "Ummm...he can't wear these"
Me: "Why Not? The tag says 6-9 months...he's not even 6 months for another 2 weeks!"
Michaela: "Well...our son is HUGE! You can't go by the age for his clothes, you have to go by the size....so he needs to be wearing 9-12 months stuff"
Me (scratching my head): "Are you serious? Holy Cow! (actually, it was a different word)"
Anyhow...Landon isn't letting his sick time slow him down...not only is he growing a ton, he's also hitting various milestones all the time! Michaela had mentioned that he got his first tooth in last week...well, we celebrated that by trying him with some applesauce and smashed potatoes...and they were a hit! He was leaning forward and opening wide, so let's just assume that he'll continue
to be a good eater (knock on wood)....we're hoping to try him on various vegetables over the next few weeks...apparently you should only try one at a time to make sure that there are no food allergies....and I guess it's better to start with the veggies, because if you start with the sweet fruit, then they'll never want to eat anything else....figures.
to be a good eater (knock on wood)....we're hoping to try him on various vegetables over the next few weeks...apparently you should only try one at a time to make sure that there are no food allergies....and I guess it's better to start with the veggies, because if you start with the sweet fruit, then they'll never want to eat anything else....figures.Next on his list of milestones was movement....up through Friday Landon hadn't shown a lot of desire to roll/crawl or any of that...sure, he enjoyed bouncing around and strengthening his legs, but he was just as content to lay where he was....well, it turns out that he just had to strengthen his arms and legs enough to hold all of that weight! Michaela thought it would be fun to take out the video camera on Saturday, as we don't have Landon on film really at all....Well, maybe the kid was just waiting for us to say "Lights, camera, ACTION!"....who knows, maybe he'll be an actor when he grows up....either way, he didn't disappoint...we got his first ever roll over on film! He actually managed to roll (from his belly to his back) 3 times on Saturday, and then again on Sunday....so that was pretty exciting....unfortunately, that also means that our days of leaving him on the couch are pretty much over...oh well.
The last thing that I wanted to touch on today was our visit with family on Sunday, and the reason that this post is titled the way it is. I actually attribute the whole idea of this blog to my cousin Kendra and her husband Bronson. They live in Arizona, and when they had twins back in February, they decided to do a blog in order to keep their out-of-town family "in the loop"....well, we kind of took their idea and reversed it, as we live in California but wanted to keep our Arizona family up to date! Anyhow, we've both been monitoring each other's blogs since our children
were born, and we finally got an opportunity to get the babies together in person. Kendra and Bronson (and their twins Easton and Layla) were in town visiting, and we all met up at my cousin Jill's house (Jill has 3 boys...Aidan is the oldest, Ethan is in the middle...and in the picture on the right, and Brendan is their 10-month old)....anyhow, this was the first time that my Dad's parents had all 6 of their great-grandchildren under the same roof at the same time....by the way, for those of you counting at home, that's 5 boys and 1 girl so far!
Anyhow, it was a great time...Landon is so fascinated by other children, and he loves to watch them...hopefully he's taking mental notes of how to get things done...we also got some great parenting tips and tricks from Jill and Kendra, so we plan on tapping into this resource from time to time....
Overall, I think that pictures turned out well...it is really hard to get 6 little kids to look at the right camera for very long, and although the older boys did great, we had to make do with what we have...
I guess that's all for now....hopefully you enjoy the pictures and check back often, as I plan to get back on to a more timely blogging schedule.
Take care and have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment