Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Joys of Parenting

I'm sorry to gross anyone out, but this is a story that needs to be shared. I got a call at work this morning from my lovely wife, and she sounded kind of funny on the phone. So I asked her if anything was wrong, and she said to me (after a long pause) "No, nothing's wrong. It's just the joys of parenting that no one really tells you about before you have kids. I've had kind of a rough morning".....so I prod her to continue the story.....apparently Landon aka "The Squirt" has really lived up to his new nickname this morning. While Michaela was changing him, with the diaper off, he managed to umm, what's the term I'm looking for here??? Oh yes, "projectile poop" off the changing table, out his bedroom door and down the hallway!!! From what it sounds like, he had the dogs running at full sprint away from the room with their tails between their legs...that's saying something considering one of their favorite foods comes from the business end of a cat....

I was pretty bummed that the weekend is over and I'm back at work, and on one hand I'm fairly disappointed that I couldn't have been home for the fun (as I was laughing hysterically this morning when I heard the news).....but then again, I didn't have to clean up the mess...

Thanks for being a trooper Honey! I'm sure the Squirt appreciates his Mommy very much. :)

As for the rest of the weekend...we had a great time on Saturday...the 5 of us (dogs included) hung out at my parent's house and watched the NFL Draft. As you can see, Landon is already sporting his Dallas Cowboys allegiance! I was pretty pleased with their draft this year, although we still need to get a wide receiver! Anyhow, I can't wait until Landon is old enough to enjoy Sunday football with me.

Also, Grandpa Dennis made his famous ribs, which were amazing! Thanks again for the fun day guys.



Sunday was filled with yard work, shopping, and rest. We did get in a nice visit with my Dad and his girlfriend Cora. As you can see by the picture, Landon sure can make people smile. My Dad (who is a notorious non-smiler for pictures) couldn't contain himself when holding his grandson. Landon loves to smile at people these days, and it sure is a wonderful (and contagious) thing.

I also managed to talk my Dad into coming back to our house next weekend to help me remodel our guest bathroom...so stay tuned for some pictures of that as we get it done. I sure am lucky to be surrounded by so much talent when it comes to home repair. I have learned quite a bit while watching both my Dad and Dennis, but is sure is nice to have an extra hand to really get things done quickly.

Well, I'm heading back to the daily grind, so I'll just finish with another picture of the Squirt. Hope you all have a great week and I'll get some more stuff posted soon.





No comments: