This just in...Landon sleeps all night in his bassinet!!!!
Yup, it's true...he did wake up for feedings (as he should until he's a little older), but he spent all of Tuesday night in his bassinet (by our bed)....one small step for him, one GIANT LEAP for us! Michaela and I were very excited by this, as it frees up our bed for well, um....sleep. It sure is difficult to get a good night's rest when you have a ticking time bomb on your chest....we'll see how he does tonight.
Of course, he could have slept so well last night because of the day's activities, which included visiting me at work and meeting a ton of my friends and co-workers. Needless to say, he was the talk of the office, the company's productivity dropped to almost nothing for the time that he was here (because all of the women stopped working and came to OOOHH and AAAHH), and I'm now forced to work overtime for a month to make up for it....just kidding!
After work, the three of us and some of my work friends went to Joe's Crab Shack for eats and drinks...it was a blast! Landon was passed around as often as the calimari and he did a great job of "just hanging out". He and I also had our first attempt at changing a diaper in the mens room. Needless to say, it was interesting (and fairly gross), but I'm pleased to report that he did not pee on me in front of my boss and friends...so score one for us!
Today Landon and Michaela went to her work to visit friends and co-workers as well (I guess she just figured she'd get everyone knocked out in a quick two-day window)...apparently it was a success and Landon was offered a job at VSP...now I'm still the only one in my family that doesn't work for that company! :)
Some other fun news (well, it's VERY fun to Michaela and I) is that we are going to see Jimmy Buffett play in Mountain View in October!!! I have been to probably 5 or so of his concerts and she has only been to 1, but he's the best! Not to mention, he's getting up there in age and we wanted to make sure we were able to see him at least one more time before he stops touring. We considered bringing the baby, but then realized that IT'S A FREAKING JIMMY BUFFETT CONCERT, so we decided against it....he'll be just fine staying with Grandma Dawny and Grandpa Dennis for one day....he he he.
Other than that, the week has been a good one so far. Landon hit the 5-week old mark on Tuesday, so I'm expecting him to start reading the Harry Potter books shortly. ;)
I'll try to get more posted soon....don't work too hard! I'll sign off with a quote I like:
"One doesn't have a sense of humor. It has you." - Larry Gelbart
No comments:
Post a Comment