Thursday, May 1, 2008

Guess Who???

That’s right, I’m back and ready to update you all on my busy life. I’m really sorry that it’s been so long since I last posted something, but I have quite a few things working against me here….

#1 – I’m growing, but my hands are still small and it’s hard work moving them around to type…when Daddy types he only moves his fingers…if I tried typing that way I’d only be able to type two letters over and over again…and I don’t think reading JJJJJJ FFFFFF is all that exciting for you.

#2 – Did I mention that I’m growing? Oh yeah, I eat like a Clydesdale and spend a good chunk of my day attached to my Mommy or a bottle….MMM, speaking of that…I’m kind of hungry…Where’s Mommy at??...be back in a second….

Ok, where was I? Oh yeah…

#3 – I think the biggest obstacle that has kept me from blogging has been my Daddy. He is super uptight and doesn’t like other people to touch his beloved blog…please tell me that I’ve inherited my Mommy’s laid back style…if I am as anal as my Daddy, I’ll probably end up with his receding hairline as well…and let’s face it, if I’m going to be President of the United States one day, I’m really going to need a full head of hair!

As for me, I’m doing pretty good. As I said, most of my day is spent around food, but I’m still having a great time. My parents continue to ask me to take naps and sleep through the night, but honestly, I’m not really all that interested. In fact, I get rather fussy when the subject is brought up! There is just so much that I want to see and touch and learn…who wants to sleep through that? Well, except for my Auntie Colie, who I hear is a world class sleeper.

I have learned quite a few things in my first 6 weeks here...one of my best discoveries so far is that people love it when I smile at them. I’ve been practicing every day and it sure is fun….sometimes I smile at them because they are smiling at me, or because they say something funny or make a funny face, and other times I do it because I’ve got the toots…either way, it’s an enjoyable experience for everyone. :)

Hang on, I’m hungry again…be back in a few….MOMMY!!!!

Alright…that was quite yummy…back to the blog…

Another thing I recently discovered is that the things on the end of your arms are called “hands”. I like to dance around a lot and that usually involves flailing my body parts in all directions…every so often when I move my arms, I catch the briefest glimpse of my hands and it really is an amazing experience, and leaves me bug-eyed every time….once I figure out exactly how to control those things, my parents better watch out! Does anyone know if there is an instruction manual for those? I'm sure I can get my Mommy to read it to me. ;)


As for my dislikes, there isn't a whole lot to say, but I can probably come up with a few...one thing I don't like is a cold wash cloth...my parents sometimes use them to wake me up when I fall asleep during feedings, and let me tell you, it is SOOOOO not cool! The only other thing that I can think of that I don't like are these little grey rats with the bushy tails...I think they're called squirrels...I guess I just inherited a prejudice against them, as they torment both of my brothers relentlessly. When I get older I'm going to help them catch one....not sure what we'll do with it, but we sure do talk a mean game!

Other than that, my life is pretty great! I get to meet new people all the time and I love hanging out with my Mommy and my brothers at home….I miss my Daddy when he is at work, but it always brings a smile to my face when he comes home at night.

Well, you guessed it…I’m hungry again….I think that’s enough for today…Daddy looks upset because I’ve been using his blog too long anyway…sheesh….see you soon!

-Landon







No comments: