Friday, April 18, 2008

Happy Friday

The weekend is here once again....we made it through another work week (me at my job, and Michaela at her "new" job of being a mother)....both of us are pretty darn pooped and ready for the weekend! As I sit here and type this, Landon is sitting in his bouncer seat next to me and he is literally dancing to Bob Marley...I kid you not, his arms and feet are moving around quite alot...ok, it's not in accordance with the beat, but how many people at a Bob Marley concert actually were coherent enough to be in tune with the beat??? He's well on his way...I can feel a dance party coming on.


As you can see from the pictures, he's getting pudgier (is that a word?) by the day! Here's a picture with him in his chair and he's staring at these black and white designs (like bullseye's and wavy lines)...apparently babies like to look at contrast (black and white being best) and so he just sits and stares at these cutout designs for hours on end...it's pretty funny to watch...ok, well actually it's kind of boring to watch if you're an outsider, but this is my kid, and I say it's funny!!!

We're sad to say that Michaela's Dad Skip left town this morning and made the long drive back to Arizona. We had a great visit with him and want to extend our many thanks for all the help he provided around the house this week! Skip made some awesome Lasagna last night which was quite the meal....we now have leftover lasagna to get us through the summer! ;) Gotta love all that family support. At least now we can officially say that Landon has met all of his Grandparents...always a good thing.




As for some highlights of the past week...

Landon is getting much better at the whole bath thing...where he used to scream his head off, he's now content to just chill in the water and blow bubbles....not with his mouth. :)




Another exciting piece of baby news is that he slept in his bassinet (next to our bed) for 5 full hours last night!!! I know, for those of you that don't have kids, you are probably yawning right now...but that is seriously big news for us....he's been pretty set in his ways about sleeping on our chests most evenings, so getting him to migrate to his bassinet is the first step in our master plan...before we know it, he'll be sleeping in the attic and sneaking out the garage door to party with his friends!


We had heard from tons of people about how good the movie "Juno" was, that we finally broke down and watched it this week....ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS! I mean it...go and buy it or rent it or whatever...but definitely watch it...not really a movie for kids under say 13, but really funny and clever.

Well, I definitely have more to talk about, but the baby is giving me the "you better pick me up or I'm going to scream my head off" look right now, so I've gotta go. Enjoy your weekend and check back soon, as I'll try to post both Saturday and Sunday.
See ya! -Dustin












No comments: