Sunday, April 19, 2009

Busy Weekend

Good Morning,

I just have to say that today is a record...we didn't get out of bed until after 8am!!! That hasn't happened since we first had Landon, and I was totally shocked when I looked at the clock...apparently he was just as tired as we were (he basically skipped his nap yesterday)....anyhow, it was very exciting for us...and Landon is in a crazy-good mood...he's got this laugh that comes out from time to time where he just sounds totally insane...like when you see a crazy person in a movie and they're just laughing at their shadow or something...and he's constantly doing that this morning...it's totally funny, and a great way to start our Sunday!


So far, we have had a busy, but excellent weekend here and are hoping the same to all of you. The weather has been great (although today it's supposed to hit the 90's), and we've really tried to enjoy it. I managed to get some yard work done yesterday, while Landon explored the backyard some more. We also hit up BJ's Brewery for lunch (Landon had the grilled cheese, but ended up loving Mommy's string-cut french fries WAY too much), and made an unplanned pit stop at Babies R Us.


The reason for the Babies R Us visit was to get some toilet locks. Now let me tell you that this is one of those things that Michaela and I told ourselves that we would NEVER buy....it just seemed like overkill to the extreme, and a total waste of money. Well, I guess that's a fine theory and all, but if you end up with one of "those kids" that is overtly fascinated by all things in the water, then a toilet lock might be right for you! Landon is obsessed with opening the toilet and touching the water, not to mention putting things INTO the water...the top three that come to mind right now are his toys, his shoes, and the TV remote controls!!! Once it sunk in that my TV remotes were in jeopardy of hitting the "toilet zone", I said "enough's enough" and we decided to get them....I installed them yesterday, and we haven't had any other wet items yet....so that's something, right?


By the way, when I said that Landon is fascinated with all things water, I really meant it. I would say that other than the dogs running for their lives when Landon comes cruising into a room with something that he might whack them with, the way that they have been impacted the most by him is in the fact that we have to keep their water bowls up most of the time. Unfortunately Landon is insanely fascinated by them, and lately he has even come to sticking his face in the water and blowing bubbles and even tries to drink the water! I know how disgusting it sounds...trust me, it really grosses me out...but we do our best to keep the water fresh and clean, and we are doing our best to let him know that the bowls are for the dogs, not him....but it's a work in progress.

As for some not-disgusting things that Landon has been doing lately....he is getting very good at pointing. If we ask him "where's Mama?", he'll point to her...same for me....when he looks at pictures he can point out us, the dogs, himself....and when we read him books, he is getting very good at pointing out things in the pictures...like the moon, balloons, cows, etc. It's a fun way for him to learn, and we're encouraging it for sure....at some point, we'll have to teach him that it's not nice to point at people, but for now, he can get away with it. :)


He has also been working hard at learning how to feed himself with a spoon...and as you can see by this picture, it is a messy proposition. Right now the only thing that he can really eat with a spoon is yogurt, but as he gets it down, we'll introduce more foods into the mix.


The only other thing that I can think of that is relatively new is that Landon has started giving out "head hugs"...he still will give us regular hugs if we ask for them, but if we say "go give Guinness a hug", he'll walk over to wherever Guinness is, and lay his head on the dog....it's super cute, and he does it quite a bit....the funny thing is, the dogs don't seem to mind this hug so much, since he's not using his hands...when he uses his hands, it's a different story.

I think I'll end it here, with this picture....Landon got this bucket as part of an Easter basket from his Grandpa Skip...needless to say, he loves this thing...and since it's not very thick, he can see through it when he puts it on his head...he likes to walk around the house with it on, giggling all the while.

Enjoy what remains of your weekend, and we'll see you soon!

1 comment:

BeccaMac said...

I think we all need a video of bucket headed Landon. Sounds pretty funny.