I hope your weekend was as eventful and as fullfilling as ours was.
I wanted to start this post with a quick birthday shoutout to Adam. He's celebrating his birthday today at a friend's wedding in Cabo San Lucas

, so hopefully he's having a great time. Here's a picture of him with Landon from last weekend when we celebrated an early birthday with him.
I also wanted to give another shoutout to my cousin Bri and her husband Keith. They welcomed their first child into the world...Axel Keith Szolusha was born this week and I'm happy to hear that both baby and parents are healthy and doing well....Kristi, you are now officially on the clock. ;)
As for this weekend, Landon ended up getting a fever from his vaccinations that he received last week... If you remember from our last post (and if you don't, just scroll down to read about it), Landon was recently diagnosed with pink eye and an ear infection. So our little soldier was battling all three for most of the weekend, but he did a great job of hanging in there...It also turns out they weren't kidding when they said that pink eye was very contagious....it appears that I caught it and Michaela probably did as well. Our eyes have

been seriously bothering us all weekend, and it sure does make it hard to do anything when you just want to close or rub your eyes all day.
The only positive to this situation is that it gave me a ready-made excuse when Michaela and I watched the movie Marley and Me on Friday night. I don't want to spoil it for those of you who plan to watch it and haven't yet, but it is one of those movies that can make even the most manly of men tear up....and I have to admit that my eyes were watery and red by the time the credits rolled...but hey, it was just the pink eye! ;) Speaking of movies, I also finally got the chance to watch the new James Bond movie (Quantum of Solace), and I loved it! All action, but very fun.
And to keep with the movie theme I've got going here, Michaela and I even managed to watch one of our all-time favorite movies this weekend...The Shawshank Redemption...it's amazing that the movie is pushing 15 years old and I've seen it dozens of times, but it always leaves me satisfied after I watch it.
Other than our movie marathon, we did actually leave the house and do some stuff this weekend. On Saturday we took Landon to the bowling alley for the first time, where we met up with our friends Misty and Aaron. Aaron is a fellow UofA alumni, so we drowned our sorrows over Arizona's basketball program and took out some of our aggression by throwing the bowling balls as hard as we could. Landon was pretty fascinated in the whole process of bowling, and even felt like cruising up to other bowlers mid-bowl a few times. It was pretty loud in there, but all in all, I think he had a pretty good time. Afterwards we headed over to Woody's, a nearby restaurant for some good grub and conversation.
Today was more or less a day of rest. We ran a couple of errands, found out that one of our favorite local deli's will probably be closing due to the recession, and grilled up some dinner. I've actually had to start using charcoal to grill again since our gas grill is out of commission. Hopefully I can get it fixed (especially since it's not that old), but we'll have to wait and see. It is kind of fun to use charcoal again, but I forgot how much longer it takes to get the grill heated up!
I think that's about it for now. We're looking forward to a fun week ahead of us and what's shaping up to be a very busy coming weekend between Easter, a playdate, Landon at church,
and the Master's. But crazy days seem to be the norm around here now, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
I'm going to sign off for now. I thought I'd leave on this picture...it sort of tells the tale of how the whole family feels at the end of the weekend....
Hope you're all doing well...talk to you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment