Saturday, January 10, 2009

Picture Perfect

Well,

On our last post Michaela's friend Becca asked us to post some pictures to support the fact that Landon isn't the perfect baby. She had asked us to put up a video of Landon screaming at 3am, but to be honest with you, we're WAAY past that stage now...sure, he'll be restless some nights, and the teething thing is never easy...but Landon is a million times better at night when it comes to the sleeping. And if he was screaming at 3am I think that the last thing I'd be reaching for is a camera....it'd probably be a pacifier, diaper, or beer...not necessarily in that order!


As for Landon being perfect...I'm with Becca...I think that he is! And to support my theory, let me illustrate it with some visual evidence. We took Landon over to the mall today for some portraits. Let me just say that we will not ever be guilty of not having taken enough picture of this kid! Much like his mother, he's pretty darn photogenic, and since he's always happy, why wouldn't we take pictures! Besides, this way all of our family can watch him grow, even if they don't get to see him every day. :)

As for the portraits, I think that they speak for themselves...although I do want to issue a warning to you all...the "Picture People" store is very good at taking pictures, but they are even better at selling them! I told Michaela before we looked at the prints that I only wanted to spend a certain amount of money...but then the salesperson walks over to us with all these very cool frames that are perfectly matted and the kicker is every picture is a great one...OF YOUR KID! So how do you not blow way more money than you expected? Sure, we have a scanner and can show them to you now, but let me tell you that there were quite a few others that we may go back and get at a later date.
Taking the actual pictures was pretty fun, and we could tell that the photographer we had was used to working with infants. Landon was all over the place, trying to crawl up the backdrop, out of the store, and over to the other little kids inside...he chewed on the props, tried to make snow angels on the floor, and pretty much acted like we fed him a huge bag of sugar cubes....but since it was in the mall the passerbys could watch our session and let's just say that quite a few people stopped to smile and laugh at our precocious little man.

And before I forget, I did want to mention that I snuck Landon's Tony Romo jersey into his diaper bag and managed to get a couple of pictures of him in it as well...I did it because the odds are pretty good that he'll have grown out of it by the next football season, and if he keeps playing as bad as he has been lately, Romo might not be on the Cowboys by then anyways! But I did get some, and I loved one enough to have it stuck on a coffee mug, so that's going to be my new coffee mug once it's shipped to me in a few weeks...needless to say, I'm fairly excited about it!


Anyhow, that exciting event took up most of the day between taking the photos, waiting for them to be developed, and then spending a ton of time reviewing them...but we both agree that it was time and money well spent, and now we have some more great shots of our son to pepper the walls of our house.

I think I will hold off on our "weekend update" type of post until tomorrow, as I don't want to get any of these professional photos confused with the amateur ones that I took this week (yeah right, I don't think that we have to worry too much about that)!

I hope that your weekend has been as enjoyable as ours has, and I'll write more tomorrow...

No comments: