Monday, January 5, 2009

Landon's Pub

I told Michaela the other day that the more I think about it, the more I believe that raising a baby is like managing a bar. There are quiet nights where the crowd is docile and maybe a bit tired, and there are loud nights where the noise is slamming against your ear drums and you know that at least one piece of furniture is going to break! Each day starts with a pristine looking place, which gets messier and messier throughout the day, which gets cleaned up again at the end of the night, only to start over the next day. And while there are times that it just wears you out, when you look back on your day, you seem to have always had a great time!



That's my take on raising a baby at any rate...or at least THIS baby. As you can see by the pictures, Landon likes to make a mess when he eats. He's actually gotten to the point now where he boycotts food from his parents if we try to feed him with a spoon (he'll still take milk directly from his Mommy though)....but he's very independent now with the food, even though he hasn't really mastered the dexterity of his fingers yet. Lately he's been on a bit of a pasta kick, scarfing things like Lasagna, spaghetti, raviolis, and chicken noodle stew...

This next picture is a rare one...I actually managed to capture the elusive "Boo Salute"...it's what Michaela and I call it when Landon does this gesture (which he does all the time to the most random things)....it's like a wave, but he doesn't move his hand...almost like he's reaching out to grab something, but he doesn't really make the motion that he wants it...it's almost like a show of respect...but he does it to the dogs, the TV (depending on the show), a bird that passes us on our walks, and the toilet after it flushes (ok, I made the last one up). But we think it's pretty cute and wanted to get it included so we can look back on this blog years from now and remember it...

As for this week, Monday is officially in the books, and boy oh boy does it stink to have to be back at work! It's not that work is bad or anything like that, but if we won the lottery tomorrow and didn't have to worry about money ever again, I wouldn't be one of those people that kept going in to work every day...that's all I'm saying.

While Michaela and I had to dive back into the daily grind, Landon ended up having a great day at Kindercare. He was so excited to see all of his buddies, that he barely made time for a nap today...based on what his teachers said, it was go-go-go all day long, so when he came home this evening he took an extremely long nap...it was good to see that he's so comfortable going back to school without being upset at all.


I think I'm going to call it a day...Landon has just been put down for the night and Michaela will be zonking out shortly, so I might go see if I can watch the end of the Fiesta Bowl!
I hope your Monday went well...only 4 more days until the weekend!

No comments: