Friday, January 16, 2009

Feverish Weekend

Happy Friday to you all...

We've finally made it to Friday and in case you are all wondering, I am no longer mourning last weekend. :)


This has been a really rough week for our Burgess clan...Landon has had a cough for what seems like a few weeks now, and it has finally festered itself into a full blown fever. His body temperature has been ranging from 98 to 102 degrees, and the poor little guy is just miserable. He's not sleeping well, prone to coughing fits (which just break our hearts when we hear them), and blowing snot bubbles like it's going out of style (which I think it did a long, long time ago).


On top of this, Michaela has recently contracted some sort of bug (probably from Landon), and she's had a temperature hovering around 101-102 for the last few days! Needless to say, they've both been home trying to recuperate and so far there hasn't been alot of improvement.

I will warn you that this next picture is not for the faint of heart. It's a shot of Landon, in his full on "snotty mode"...even in the picture he's trying to shy away from the camera as if to say "don't look at me, I'm hideous!"...poor little guy.


As for me, I have felt that "tickle" in the back of my throat which usually leads to an illness, but so far my plan to immerse myself in work and not think about it has paid off...I feel alright and am managing to get through my days.


I think that given the current state of the household, we will probably stay home and relax this weekend. Michaela has Monday off (MLK holiday), so at least she and Landon have an extra day to get healthy. I will be back at work on Monday, much to my dismay, but that's just life, right?

We are going to try to get some painting done this weekend, as we're slowly painting the interior of the house...and trust me, when you have a mobile baby the painting comes very slowly!

Landon also turns 10 months old on Sunday, so that's pretty exciting...I just can't get over the fact that he's now been on the "outside" longer than he was on the "inside", and that he'll be a year old pretty soon...that's just amazing to me. It really has been such a whirlwind first year that I wonder where the time went.
I'm sure I've used this quote before, but it is so fitting for being a parent... "The days drag by but the years fly by"....that's what it feels like when you're working on small amounts of sleep during the day, but then you look back and it's already been 10 months. Wow!

This picture just cracks me up. I was going to take the red eye out of it, but I actually think it really helps to capture the image of the child that is obsessed with the remote control. It's like he's possessed and look at how big his eyes get when he finally achieved his goal!

Anyhow, I hope you all have a magical weekend. Stay away from all those bugs out there, as it seems like every person we know is sick or is just now recovering.
And whether you want to or not, make sure to root for the Arizona Cardinals this weekend! Being that we lived in Phoenix for a few years and have many friends that are die-hard fans, we're definitely pulling for them since my Cowboys are out...not to mention that the team has NEVER been to a Superbowl, let alone won one! That's just a nice story...as for me, I'm pulling for a Cardinals vs. Ravens Superbowl...if AZ wins, then they'll have beaten every other team with a bird as their mascot this season! And I don't think there is a sissier bird that they could have used for their mascot...a cardinal?? They should have gone with the Arizona Hummingbirds! HA HA!
See you soon.

No comments: