Things at the Casa de Burgess have been a little out of sorts lately, as Michaela and Landon have
been sick for so long. It seems like Michaela is on her way back to the world of the healthy, and we finally caved and took Landon to the doctor recently...diagnosis: ear infection. So we've got him on some antibiotics and he already seems to be doing better. Hopefully the fever will continue to be absent and we'll be able to take him back to daycare on Monday. Oh yeah, as for me...I'm getting a sore throat and a cough, but it's nothing like as bad as Michaela and Landon had it, so I'm dealing.
I also want to quickly put up a disclaimer on today's post...if you look closely at any of these pictures of Landon, you will notice that he typically has some form of dried "gunk" on his face...let me just say that I promise that we are wiping his face all the time, but when you have a super congested infant, there is only so much that he wants to let you wipe his face, and it gets very raw from all the wiping (most of us know that from just being sick and blowing our nose alot)...anyways, to make a long story short, I apologize in advance for some of the stuff that makes it's way on to his face in these pictures...what's remarkable to me is that he still looks pretty darn cute, even with crap all over his face!
For the record, it is Saturday morning, just shy of 8am in California, and I'm typing this while
sipping coffee out of my new coffee mug. Do you like it? It was one of the cool things that we ordered when we got his pictures taken at Picture People. I just couldn't resist..and he's rocking the Dallas Cowboy Jersey in a touchdown-celebration type of pose! I LOVE IT! Speaking of coffee, I just thought I'd share something...Michaela and I are coffee-cream fanatics...sure, I can drink straight black coffee with my Dad and Grandpa Burgess when the situation calls (ie. on the golf course at 5am), but most of the time, we are both obsessed with the Coffee Mate coffee creamers...just ask Steve and Rachael how quickly we burn through them! Anyhow...for the longest time now, we have only been buying the Toffee Nut flavor, which is SOOOO good....but I decided to try something new recently and got the Chocolate Raspberry flavor...I'm telling you, it is really yummy! So if you are a coffee cream-aholic like us, make sure you try both of these flavors...and please remember to put the cream in the coffee first, microwave it for 30 seconds, and then pour the coffee (not only does it mix the cream better than a spoon, it also heats the cream so your coffee doesn't get cold quite so fast).
Ok, that was my coffee rant...now, on with the show!
Michaela took this video the other day of Landon playing around in his room. One thing you'll be able to hear is his new catchphrase... "uh oh"....and the funny thing is, MOST of the time he says it in the proper circumstance....sometimes he'll just blurt it out, but most of the time it's after he's knocked something over, dropped something, or fallen...it's pretty comical...in fact, the other day I was watching Smallville (yes, it's my version of Saturday morning cartoons), and one person got injured while trying to battle a young Superman...Landon happened to randomly be watching this part and said "uh oh" right after the guy got thrown...and I just started cracking up! It was hilarious.
Another thing that Landon has recently learned how to do is to give a high five. It started with me grabbing one of his hands and slapping one of my hands...but after a few days/weeks/months of practice, he is doing it on his own now...one of us will just hold our hands up and say "high five" and he comes cruising over and slaps it....and cracks up the whole time...it's pretty darn cute, and will really be coming in handy for the next season of football!
Landon has also learned how to say the word "bow" (as in "bow to your master", not "there is a bow on this Christmas present")...and he also likes to show that he knows what the word means...so we'll say "Landon bow" (while bowing) and he'll say "bow" back and then he'll bow like 5 times....let me just say that we didn't teach him this in order for him to fulfill his dream of becoming someone's very own Mr. Belvedere....we did it once while he was eating in order to get his attention and get him laughing...and it worked so well that it became a fallback in the event we wanted to hear a laugh...and from then on it took on it's own little "thing" in our house...anyhow, it's pretty funny and we'll see if we can't get it on a video clip sometime soon.
We have been doing some subtle things to the interior of our house lately, including some painting, rearranging furniture, putting up some curtains, and moving pictures to new walls...and we ended up buying a really cool tool that I recommend to everyone...it's a Black and Decker level that makes hanging pictures a snap...you know how when you hang a picture first you have to get it set where you want on the wall, then figure out where the hooks on the back of the thing are, then put one in the wall, try to line up the other one so it's the right distance away AND level? Well, this thing does it all for you...we bought one at Lowe's for like $25...and it's already more than paid for itself in the time that I didn't have to waste hanging up just a few pictures...check it out!
Alright, so let's recap this post quickly....long rant about coffee? Check. Plugged a Black and Decker tool? Check. Discussed the baby and his fun new activities? Double Check!
I think that about covers it for today. As I have no football to watch this weekend, I have absolutely no idea what to do with myself, but I'm sure we'll find something to keep us busy...I can think of one 25 lb bundle of energy to play with!
Have a good one and we'll see you soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment