Sorry that we didn't get our normal Wednesday post up, but let's face it, we're all just super-busy these days! Can you believe that Thanksgiving is a week away? And then Christmas is just around the corner.

I'm already thinking about having to put up Christmas Decorations (inside = fun, outside = pain in the butt!). We're curious to see what Landon thinks of a big Christmas tree in the living room this year. I'm sure he'll be excited to crawl all over the thing, but Michaela and I are trying to approach it from a safety/baby-proofing mentality...how do you baby proof a Christmas tree? No ornaments below 3 feet high? No little hooks? No Candy Canes? I have no idea what we're going to do, but I'm sure we'll figure it out.
As for the Burgess family this week, it's been really busy during the day, and pretty quiet at night. I think all three of us have been fighting off minor colds...all of us have had sore/scratchy throats and coughs...nothing serious, but just something that has sapped any additional energy from us.
Landon continues to climb on things, his favorite being the ottoman (as one of his favorite toys, much to my dismay, is the TV remote control), the couch, the bed, the cabinets, the dogs, and us! As you can see by the photo on the left, he's not shy about showing off his buddha belly while he climbs! :)

Since I did mention Christmas above, it reminded me of something else I wanted to mention. While he doesn't really need anything this year, if you're looking for some fun gift ideas for Landon, look no further than these pictures. As I said above, he loves the remote controls...I told Michaela that we should get him one of those (for lack of a better word) "old-people" remotes where the remote and the buttons are huge... I can just imagine how big his eyes would get once he feasted them upon that thing!
Other gift ideas include water bottles (see the picture), as he loves to bang and chew on the empty ones. He also gets a kick out of shoe laces, leaves that get tracked in by the dogs, beer coozies, and balls of dog hair that accumulate on the floor.
After looking over what I just wrote, I am fairly certain that this will be the cheapest that Michaela and I will ever get through Christmas!
Oh to be young and easy to entertain!
This post is already too long for Michaela's typical "Wednesday short post", so I'll leave it here.
Check back this weekend.

1 comment:
When I was a baby, my mom made a ton of satin plush ornaments...tell michaela to get on it :-)
Post a Comment