I guess the big news since our last post is that we now have a new President...Barrack Obama
was elected as the 44th president in the history of our country...while this really isn't news to any of you reading this blog, I'm thinking that it'll be an interesting tidbit for when Landon is older and if he ever decides to read back through this thing.
was elected as the 44th president in the history of our country...while this really isn't news to any of you reading this blog, I'm thinking that it'll be an interesting tidbit for when Landon is older and if he ever decides to read back through this thing.As for us, our weekend actually started out early as Landon and I both caught some weird bug on Thursday night...not sure what happened but I ended up being sick enough to have to miss work on Friday. Michaela even ended up staying at home with us to help out and we had a day filled with family time. It was nice, even though we were both recovering from the night before.
On Saturday, we had our really good friends Aaron and Misty over for dinner. Misty made her famous lasagna and it definitely lived up to its billing! It was so good that I managed to look over the fact that it had cottage cheese in it...the thought of cottage cheese typically grosses me out, but since I had already eaten my fill by the time that the bomb was dropped, I let it slide.
Misty and Aaron are fellow dog-lovers like us, and they brought their boys Oliver and Charlie over to play with Guinness and Jack. Oliver is a yellow lab and Charlie is a boxer-german shepherd mix. While Oliver has been over to 0ur house many times, this was the first tim
e that Charlie has come (as he's a new addition to the family), and let's just say it was an "interesting" experience. Charlie is probably only 40 lbs soaking wet, but he definitely had his "scrappy-doo, I'll take on anything" attitude going on. It actually ended up being quite a bit more work than all four of us were expecting, as we had to constantly be on-guard with the dogs.
Landon thought that it was pretty funny seeing all the dogs run around, although a few of the "more heated" encounters shocked him a little bit...but all the dogs were very good around the baby and would come by to give him kisses from time to time.
Anyhow, it was great to have them over, but I think that next time we'll have to adjust our plans around the dogs a bit more.
Landon has had a few more big things happen to him since our last post. The first of which is that his 4th tooth has FINALLY cut through and is on its way down! He now has his top two and bottom two teeth that you can actually see. While I think that has granted him some much-needed relief, he seems to have become very congested over the last night or two, and we're not sure if he's catching a cold or if he's not actually done teething yet...who knows, he could be working on his 5th tooth as we speak...wow.
Another big achievement is that Landon has learned how to roll from his back to his belly (Yes, much later then most babies, but hey, his big budha belly can complicate things), so we are no longer safe! Over the past 7 1/2 months, if we have ever needed to get something done
and wanted Landon to stay put, we'd simply put him down on his back and he'd act like a Turtle on his shell for a minute or two, and that'd be it. But now that he can roll over, things have changed. He has actually figured out how to roll over in his crib, then pull himself up to standing, so we had to remove his favorite mobile...as he was pulling it down! Michaela took this picture of him the other day when he was supposed to be napping...she surprised him and doesn't it look like he's got that "caught with his hand in the cookie jar" face going on. :)
and wanted Landon to stay put, we'd simply put him down on his back and he'd act like a Turtle on his shell for a minute or two, and that'd be it. But now that he can roll over, things have changed. He has actually figured out how to roll over in his crib, then pull himself up to standing, so we had to remove his favorite mobile...as he was pulling it down! Michaela took this picture of him the other day when he was supposed to be napping...she surprised him and doesn't it look like he's got that "caught with his hand in the cookie jar" face going on. :)With regards to his crawling, it has completely amazed me how fast he's learned and how fast he can now go....he's not yet as fast as his cousin Brendan, but he sure can get going...he's like one of those wind-up cars that as soon as you put them down, they're outta here!
Landon has also learned his name...no, he cannot say it yet...but he responds very well to it...he'll be crawling around getting into things he shouldn't and as soon as we call his name, he stops what he's doing, turns to look at us, and smiles. We know that it's his name he responds to because Michaela and I can have a full conversation and he won't look at us, but his name is called and he looks. So that's been pretty fun.
The last thing I want to share this morning is that I actually got to really play with my son for the first time the other night. In the past, playing with him has been more or less handing him toys, showing him what to do with them, and trying to make him giggle. But since he's been a
ble to crawl and now that he knows his voice, it opens up a whole new level of playtime. The other night, I started to chase him around the living room...I'd call his name and make a face at him, he's look at me, get this huge smile on his face, then crawl as fast as he could the other direction...knowing full well I was right on his tail....anyhow, it really got me to realize that we're starting to have a little boy on our hands, and not a baby...it's amazing how fast the last 7 1/2 months have gone by...seriously, where did the time go and what happened to that cute little baby? Now he's an adorable little boy!
ble to crawl and now that he knows his voice, it opens up a whole new level of playtime. The other night, I started to chase him around the living room...I'd call his name and make a face at him, he's look at me, get this huge smile on his face, then crawl as fast as he could the other direction...knowing full well I was right on his tail....anyhow, it really got me to realize that we're starting to have a little boy on our hands, and not a baby...it's amazing how fast the last 7 1/2 months have gone by...seriously, where did the time go and what happened to that cute little baby? Now he's an adorable little boy! While this isn't a very flattering picture of me, I thought it was fitting, as after a long night of playing with the baby, this is what it's like for us!
I think that's enough for today...enjoy the remainder of your weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment