We thought that it was only appropriate that we get a few words posted on Landon's first ever Thanksgiving. It's amazing to think that he's already been in our lives for over 8 months and we're zeroing in on his 1st Christmas at lightning speed. But I'm getting ahead of myself...
The rainy season has FINALLY hit us here in Northern California and it sure is welcome. Now
it's finally starting to feel like wintertime! The weather is much colder now (especially in the evenings) and we even managed to have our first fire of the season the other night. Here's a picture of Landon and I warming up in front of it. As we previously mentioned, Landon got a bunch of new fleece PJ's recently, and he is more snuggly than ever in those outfits, so we are constantly grabbing him and holding him close...he doesn't seem to mind that much.
The rainy season has FINALLY hit us here in Northern California and it sure is welcome. Now
Along with the changing of the seasons comes the whole new landscape of colors that permeate our neighborhood. It really is a beautiful time of year out here and I even caught Michaela the other day saying "boy, Arizona sure doesn't have
trees that look like this"...it made me smile, as I think the most recent tally on the scoreboard read "Arizona 2,567, California, 4"...anyhow, with the trees being such beautiful colors, we elected to take our camera with us on one of our daily walks and I snapped this picture of our little guy and Michaela in front of one such tree. Isn't it amazing? Some of these trees just look like they're on fire!
One thing that I think we might have mentioned before is that we're now in the habit of giving Landon a bath every night before he goes to bed. While this may seem like overkill to some
parents, we've made the executive decision to help him get in the right mindset for bedtime, but also to wash off a day's worth of germs from daycare. Since we have started this routine, there has been a noticeable difference in the amount of times that he has been sick. It might just be a coincidence, but we're sticking with it either way. It may seem a little random to bring this up on a Thanksgiving post, but I wanted to include this picture and thought I should have some bath-related discussion as well. Here's a picture of him "testing the waters" before taking the plunge. :) He really does enjoy bath time, but now that he knows how to splash, it seems that Michaela end up about as wet as he does by the time we're all done!
Today we'll end on a few pictures of Landon enjoying a "pre-Thanksgiving" meal. As you can see by the pictures, he's got his own plate with stove top stuffing and some seriously overcooked green beans, and apple juice (we also fed him some baby food,
but he's not ready to eat that on his own yet). Anyhow, this was the first time ever that he ate real veggies, as opposed to the liquified baby ones. It was a fun milestone to watch, and he really seemed to enjoy them. At one point he started taking the beans out of the pods, and he also got one green bean stuck in the side of his cheek while he ate the remainder of his food. I will say that this was probably the messiest eating experience that we've had to date, but it was fun and definitely worth it!
Today we'll end on a few pictures of Landon enjoying a "pre-Thanksgiving" meal. As you can see by the pictures, he's got his own plate with stove top stuffing and some seriously overcooked green beans, and apple juice (we also fed him some baby food,
Landon has also mastered the art of the "sippy cup" now, and he throws his head way back to get the drink flowing. It's pretty comical to witness, but it gets the job done nonetheless.
As for the Thanksgiving holiday, the three of us are planning to head over to my cousin Jill's house tomorrow for the big meal. My Dad will be there, along with my grandparents and many aunts/uncles/cousins/and cousins kids. It should be a blast, and I'm so excited for the Thanksgiving food. I will say that I don't really have a favorite food for this, I pretty much eat a ton of everything and just cover my plate in gravy! Michaela has confirmed that her favorite dish by far is the green bean casserole, so she's excited for that. And did I mention that my Dallas Cowboys are playing tomorrow? Fingers crossed for another win!
I will sign off for now, but I wanted to say how thankful I am this year for my amazing family that I have. Not only my perfect wife and son, but for the love and support that we get from all of our family and friends. We will truly miss those of you that we can't spend the holiday with this year, and we hope that you have a blessed and wonderful day.
Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment