Happy Tidings to you on this very very wet Saturday morning.
I thought I would start with this picture because it's just too cute! As you can see, Landon still gets a little rash around his mouth from the excess drool that he's got while teething (he's got 3 now with a 4th due to cut through any day)..
Now that we've all had our fill of Kit Kat's, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (a personal favorite), and every other piece of candy that we should have put down instead of put in our mouths, let's take a few minutes to look back on the week that was...
Landon had a very busy week at school, including school pictures that they took on Wednesday (apparently he didn't smile but had his serious "What you talkin' bout Willis?" face on...for those of you that don't know that quote, go watch an episode of Diff'rent Strokes please). Anyhow, we will definitely get the pictures distributed once we've seen them. Whether he was smiling or not, he was wearing a pretty cute outfit and the kid is like his mother, he's just photogenic. :)
Since it was Halloween week, Kindercare also had a spirit week, where each day they had the kids dress up in something different. Monday was pajamas day, Tuesday was sunglasses d
ay (Landon does not yet have a pair of Ray Bans, but at least he's got quite a few connections if he decides he wants a pair!), Wednesday was picture day, Thursday was crazy socks day (I did not see one pair of those anywhere however), and Friday was Halloween. My cousin Jill was gracious enough to let Landon borrow one of her son's old costumes, and voila...we have ourselves the world's cutest bumble bee! As the kid only has a few teeth right now, we figured it best not to destroy them with candy...so Landon did not go Trick or Treating this year, but he did get to see a few kids come through our neighborhood last night...to be honest though, I think he was more interested in listening to the dogs bark at the strange looking kids more than he was the kids themselves.
ay (Landon does not yet have a pair of Ray Bans, but at least he's got quite a few connections if he decides he wants a pair!), Wednesday was picture day, Thursday was crazy socks day (I did not see one pair of those anywhere however), and Friday was Halloween. My cousin Jill was gracious enough to let Landon borrow one of her son's old costumes, and voila...we have ourselves the world's cutest bumble bee! As the kid only has a few teeth right now, we figured it best not to destroy them with candy...so Landon did not go Trick or Treating this year, but he did get to see a few kids come through our neighborhood last night...to be honest though, I think he was more interested in listening to the dogs bark at the strange looking kids more than he was the kids themselves. I will say that it was nice of the rain to let up for a few key hours in the evening yesterday so the kids could go door-to-door. It has rained fairly hard here the last few days, and I was a little worried that Halloween was going to be like the World Series this year and it was going to get "rained out"...now that the holiday is in the books, I'm more than happy to have a few more weeks of steady rain (as I absolutely love it), but I don't think Michaela would be too happy about that.
Landon was not the only Burgess to get into the spirit of Halloween...as you can see by the picture here, my wife is a fairly creative person when it comes to making Halloween costumes...maybe she missed her calling? ;) Anyhow, Michaela dressed up as a (very bad) knife-thrower's assistant, where she had several knifes in her stomach and chest (one poking out the other side), and an untouched apple on her head (I told you the knife thrower wasn't any good!)...So I think that about covers it for the holiday. I did notice that I forgot to post this picture of Landon and his Grandpa Barry from last weekend. My Dad came down on Sunday morning to watch football (our Cowboys barely survived with a win) all day and hang out with us and the baby...for those of you who don't know, the University of Arizona played USC last Saturday
night and barely lost to them in a close game...well my Dad had the nerve to show up on Sunday morning with a USC shirt on! I almost slammed the door in his face, but since he drove over an hour to see us, I let it slide...I think his guilt got to him throughout the day though, because he ended up buying us a nice Mexican dinner that night (the waitresses all fell in love with Landon).
Anyhow...it was great to see him, and anytime we can see
any family these days we try to jump to it...Landon is getting so big and mobile that it seems like he hits one milestone or another every day...any chances that we can share these with you guys makes us all the happier!
any family these days we try to jump to it...Landon is getting so big and mobile that it seems like he hits one milestone or another every day...any chances that we can share these with you guys makes us all the happier!As for this weekend, our friends Matt and Cathy (and their two daughters Abby and Allie) will be coming over for pizza and good conversation tonight...so needless to say we have to attack our house with a mop and broom at some point today...then tomorrow we're planning on getting some baby-proofing done, as Landon is literally playing in a mine field these days...and that's not a good thing!
Ok, I'm off to eat some breakfast with the family. Enjoy your weekend and we'll talk again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment