**Just want to preface this post with a note that there are no pictures on this one...our computer is not cooperating with us...if you just like to check the blog for the pictures, you might as well skip today...hopefully we'll be able to get our computer problems solved shortly...anyways, back to the blog....
Yup, it’s Monday morning again. I sort of feel bad for Monday, because it really seems to be the most hated day of the week…and is it Monday’s fault that some person hundreds of years ago decided that the typical work week would start on Monday? Wow, that was random…
Anyhow…I really can’t believe that the work week is back already. It seems like just a few minutes ago I was leaving work on Friday with the whole weekend ahead of me. Sometimes the weekends fly by at a ruthless pace and it's just cruel. Seriously, where did all my free time go? This weekend was all about the guest bathroom…and I really do mean ALL about the bathroom. I think I put in a 10-hour day on Saturday and probably another 8 hours on Sunday….so really there was no weekend for me…se la vie….oh well…needless to say, the bathroom really does look great. As of the time that I am writing this, our home computer has completely died (more on this to come), so I’m not sure how I’m going to upload any pictures of the bathroom…but trust me, it looks awesome.
With regards to the home computer, it was working fine last night, but apparently something went screwy between now and then, and the whole thing appears to have died. Michaela is spending some time this morning on the phone with technical support, but who really knows if we’ll get it working…the truly scary part is that we had all of our pictures of the baby on there….I don’t really care so much about anything else on the computer, but Michaela and I will both be devastated if we’ve lost all those pictures.
Ok, I’ll try to jump off the downer train and report some fun news….Landon got to see his Aunt Colie for a few hours yesterday, as well as his Grandpa Barry…he was happy as a clam this weekend and actually afforded us a full 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep last night, which was very kind of him!
Landon has a big doctor’s appointment on Friday (the one where he gets all of his immunization shots), so I’m going to take the day off to spend with him and Michaela. It should be an interesting (and probably difficult) experience for all three of us. Let's hope that he hasn't inherited his parents fear of needles because if he has, we may have to bring in the ear plugs for this doctor's visit!
We have also been trying to clean up the house a bit, as Michaela’s friends Ramsey and Becca come into town on Wednesday and will stay with us through Sunday…one thing that I've learned, is that when you have a 2-month old baby, 2 large hairy dogs, and are trying to remodel part of your house, there really is no way to avoid mess....the house sure looks like a tornado hit it....oh well.
Did I mention that Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull comes out on Thursday? Oh yeah, I’m all over that one! I have not managed to make it to a single summer movie yet (and I hear that Iron Man is awesome), but I will 100% definitely see Indy back in action this weekend.
Other than that, we're just trying to be the best parents that we can be, make time to play with the dogs, enjoy family and friends when we can, and sneak in a couple hours of sleep when the baby isn't looking!
Look at the bright side, by the time you read this, your Monday will most likely be over and the next time you see one it'll be Memorial Day! Gotta love those holidays!
Monday, May 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment