Ok, I’ve never really figured out how to tell someone how old the baby is. I know, it seems pretty straightforward…but is it? Landon finished his 8th week of life on Tuesday, so naturally I’ve been telling people that he’s 2 months old….but if you remember that his birthday is the 18th, he technically won’t have completed his 2nd month until next Sunday! I know, I know…I’m a totally anal-retentive nerd, but still…I’m going to have to tell people that he’s only 8 weeks for the next few days….even if Michaela is already throwing out the 2-month old card.
I apologize for the lack of posts this week, but I’ve been swamped at work, we’ve been trying to squeeze in our guest bathroom work in the evenings, and I need to make sure to spend plenty of time with the little one (and my wife of course!)….needless to say, it’s been hectic and the blog has dropped a few notches on the priority list.
But I’m here today, so let’s get on with the updates!
I apologize for the lack of posts this week, but I’ve been swamped at work, we’ve been trying to squeeze in our guest bathroom work in the evenings, and I need to make sure to spend plenty of time with the little one (and my wife of course!)….needless to say, it’s been hectic and the blog has dropped a few notches on the priority list.
But I’m here today, so let’s get on with the updates!
First let me say that we hope you all had a great Mother's Day! Ours was very fun, although I hope I didn't set the bar too high for future Mother's Days ;) We had a great day and
got the chance to spend alot of quality time together as a family...one thing I'll share with you (against my better judgment) is that Michaela really wanted to get a pedicure on Sunday...I told her that it was her day and she could do whatever she wanted...well, apparently what she wanted was for me to get a pedicure with her! Needless to say, I've never even gone into a nail salon before, let alone had someone messing with my feet....but I went, and I'll say that it was interesting. I did find out that my feet are fairly tickleish, which seemed to amuse my wife to no end. We did manage to swing by and see my Mom (although not for as long as we would have liked), and Michaela spoke with her mother on the phone as well...All in all, we thought it was a pretty good day!
As for the baby...
Landon has been very good about keeping us on our toes by not conforming to any type of routine….some days he’ll be perfectly content going 4 hours between feedings, and other days he is screaming bloody murder if he doesn’t eat every 2 hours….we’ve heard many stories about babies that slept through the night from day 1, and others that were still waking up their parents at 9 months (gulp!)…but Michaela and I really aren’t stressed or concerned about it. Landon is his own person and we’re more than happy to accommodate him and his feeding schedule for the time being. One really great thing about our son is his ability to go back to sleep after a feeding….some babies tend to want to stay awake for hours on end after a late night feeding, but Landon is pretty much zonked out the second he’s done eating…so that has been a nice bonus for us.
We are planning to tour another daycare facility tonight and are hoping to have this locked down shortly. Michaela starts work in about a month, so the sooner we know who’s watching him, the better. Another fun piece of news is that Landon’s Nana Rachael is going to be coming back out to visit us (and watch the baby) for two weeks in July….apparently she just didn’t get enough baby time when she was here last, and we are very excited to have her come and stay with us. We also found out that Rachael’s sister Laura and her granddaughter Alyssa will be coming out to visit with us the week before Rachael arrives. So Landon will get to meet his crazy-fun aunt Laura and his cutie-pie cousin Alyssa.
It really is amazing how the time flies these days. We’ve been parents for two whole months already….well, 8 weeks at any rate. ;)
Hope all is well…
No comments:
Post a Comment