Sorry for the prolonged absence from the blogosphere (I’ve always wanted to use that word in a sentence)….we’ve had quite the weekend and sometimes there just isn’t enough time in a day….
I can pretty much some up our weekend in two words: “Guest Bathroom”….we worked on our guest bathroom all weekend, and although we’re not quite done, we made great progress and should be able to finish it off next weekend. Some of the different things that we are doing to the bathroom include: new paint, crown moulding, new tile floors, new light fixture, new tiled countertop, new sink/faucet, new mirror and vanity cabinet….all in all, it should look like a new bathroom by next Sunday! My Dad came over on Sunday and was such a huge help…he really is quite the handyman and we couldn’t have gotten accomplished nearly as much without him.
Since this is the “Baby Blog” and not the “Bathroom Blog”, I’ll hold off on discussing it any further…but I will post a few pictures of the finished product when we’re done next week.
As for Landon, he’s doing great. He continues to gain ounces at a very steady clip and is just a happy little guy. Unfortunately he’s back to an abnormal sleeping pattern again, which is tough for us to adjust to….but since he’s hitting that magical 7-weeks old this week, we’re hoping that he’ll want to start sleeping in longer stretches soon. Each baby is different though, so it might be quite a while before Michaela and I can sleep for 6 or 7 hours straight…but we can always hope. :)
We did buy Landon a baby swing this weekend, and boy was that money well spent! It rocks
side-to-side and front-to-back and has a little mirror at the top where he can check himself out…he just loves to sit in it, and it has thankfully freed up a little time during the day for Michaela to get some things done. She has already mastered the art of eating with only one hand, but there are some things where two hands really are a necessity.
One thing that I did not get to check off of this weekend’s “to do list” was to go see Iron Man. I am hoping to get a chance to see it after work one day this week, but who knows what the baby has in store for us…this should be quite the month for movies with Speed Racer coming out this Friday and Indiana Jones IV coming out in two weeks! We were debating on whether or not to try Landon out in the movie theater, but made the executive decision that he’s still too young and we’d probably end up wasting the movie tickets. Oh well, I guess I’ll just have to wait a while longer before I can turn him into a movie fanatic like me!
Michaela and I had some fun with the camera yesterday, and took quite a few pictures of him. We think the "cross eyed" picture is hilarious! We hope they bring a smile to your face and that you enjoy looking at them even half as much as we enjoyed taking them.

I can pretty much some up our weekend in two words: “Guest Bathroom”….we worked on our guest bathroom all weekend, and although we’re not quite done, we made great progress and should be able to finish it off next weekend. Some of the different things that we are doing to the bathroom include: new paint, crown moulding, new tile floors, new light fixture, new tiled countertop, new sink/faucet, new mirror and vanity cabinet….all in all, it should look like a new bathroom by next Sunday! My Dad came over on Sunday and was such a huge help…he really is quite the handyman and we couldn’t have gotten accomplished nearly as much without him.
Since this is the “Baby Blog” and not the “Bathroom Blog”, I’ll hold off on discussing it any further…but I will post a few pictures of the finished product when we’re done next week.
As for Landon, he’s doing great. He continues to gain ounces at a very steady clip and is just a happy little guy. Unfortunately he’s back to an abnormal sleeping pattern again, which is tough for us to adjust to….but since he’s hitting that magical 7-weeks old this week, we’re hoping that he’ll want to start sleeping in longer stretches soon. Each baby is different though, so it might be quite a while before Michaela and I can sleep for 6 or 7 hours straight…but we can always hope. :)
We did buy Landon a baby swing this weekend, and boy was that money well spent! It rocks
One thing that I did not get to check off of this weekend’s “to do list” was to go see Iron Man. I am hoping to get a chance to see it after work one day this week, but who knows what the baby has in store for us…this should be quite the month for movies with Speed Racer coming out this Friday and Indiana Jones IV coming out in two weeks! We were debating on whether or not to try Landon out in the movie theater, but made the executive decision that he’s still too young and we’d probably end up wasting the movie tickets. Oh well, I guess I’ll just have to wait a while longer before I can turn him into a movie fanatic like me!
Michaela and I had some fun with the camera yesterday, and took quite a few pictures of him. We think the "cross eyed" picture is hilarious! We hope they bring a smile to your face and that you enjoy looking at them even half as much as we enjoyed taking them.

Thanks for taking the time to check in with our family. Please let us know how you and your families are doing when you can.
No comments:
Post a Comment