Saturday, October 25, 2008

Wastin' Away Again in Margaritaville....

For all of you that don't know, the title of this blog is a famous line from a Jimmy Buffett song...I thought that would be a fitting way to start this post, as we actually went to a Jimmy Buffett concert this week! That's right...not only was it the first time we've gone to see Jimmy in concert in at least 3 or 4 years, but it was also the very first time that we have been away from Landon overnight. As you can see by this picture, we ended up going "all out", which means alot of loud music, alot of booze, and a really fun time with friends...but we'll get to that in a minute...

Let's get the really important question answered first...yes, the baby is still alive! :) Landon got to spend a good portion of Tuesday (including all of Tuesday night) and Wednesday morning with my Mom and Dennis. Apparently they all had a very fun time, although it sounds like Landon had some trouble sleeping...This was to be expected though, since it was his first night away from Mom and Dad!

I will say that both Michaela and I were very hesitant and nervous about leaving Landon at this point....it wasn't that we didn't think that my Mom and Dennis could do the job, but we just weren't sure if we were ready for it yet...but we ended up going, and we really only called to check in a couple of times...so I think it was a big step for us, as well as it was for the baby. We also wanted to send a quick shout out to my Mom and Dennis for being such troopers...they were really looking forward to the experience, and we hope it was fun for them...we know that they didn't get that much sleep, and we thank them for all their help!

As for us, Michaela and I headed down to Mountain View, CA (in the Bay area) on Tuesday, where we rendezvous'd with my best friend Adam, my Uncle Dirk and his fiance Siri, as well as their good friends Pam and Kurt. We all had a few refreshments at a local bar and then headed over to the show. Adam originally hadn't planned on coming to the concert, but we managed to talk him into buying a last-minute ticket and he was able to see his first ever Jimmy Buffett concert. We told him that he'd have a blast, and as far as I can tell...he surely did!

The next morning we woke up in our hotel room to headaches and bodies that screamed at us "YOU'RE NOT IN COLLEGE ANYMORE, SO DON'T DO THAT!!!"....we actually woke up very early to hit the road and get back to Landon. The 3-hour car ride home wasn't all that fun (it was a very bumpy road), but we made it back safely, picked up Landon, and headed home for a nap...actually, since Landon didn't sleep that well either, the 3 of us napped most of the day...it was very nice and we were able to get ourselves refreshed for the remainder of the work week.

The other big news from the past few days involves Landon's teeth again...he ended up cutting one of his top front two teeth (we can see the other one in his gums, but it hasn't broke through yet)...anyhow, it's pretty big news, as he's got the two on the bottom, and one is on its way down on top...It's only a matter of time before his bites really start to hurt! ;)

We've already mentioned this a few times already, but I have to say that Landon is getting so mobile these days...we can't really leave him on a bed or couch anymore when we do things, so we put him on the floor, and if we turn away for a minute, he's gone! He spins, he squats, he gets up on all fours with his butt in the air, and he has mastered this goofy spider man type pose with one leg stretched out and the other tucked behind him....my sister Nicole is amazed at how flexible her nephew is! It's pretty funny. Not to mention his obsession with climbing on things...I guess this is a good developmental milestone that babies need to hit, but he climbs on everything, whether it moves or not (as the dogs have recently found out), so it just goes to show how far behind I really am in "baby-proofing" our place...oh well, there's always tomorrow. :)

I also had to add this picture, because I love it...I've titled it "YO-YO Landon B and his cool bodyguard J-sizzle"...doesn't it just look like Landon's practicing his rap skills while Jack scans the crowd for crazy fans? I know, I know...Landon will not be a rapper (if we have any say whatsoever in his future), but still...it's kind of a funny picture...or is it just me?


Today we ran a few errands, including Landon's first flu shot. He and I both got them today (as Michaela got hers earlier in the week)...I'm proud to say that Landon didn't cry or anything...I'm not even sure he felt it, as the shot went into a very very fat little leg! After our errands, we headed over to my cousin Jill's house for her son Brendan's first birthday party...we all had a great time, Landon got to see his great grandparents (my Dad's parents), and his Aunt Nicole, his great uncle Gordon, as well as tons and tons of little kids! Jill has three boys herself, and there were probably at least another 10-15 kids (between the ages of a few months and 8 years old)...Landon was very fascinated with some of Brendan's new toys, and had alot of fun playing with them, as well as playing with his Great Grandpa Burgess.

While we were there, he also got to show everyone what a hearty eater he is....he scarfed through his lunch (pears with oatmeal), and he even got to have his first ever taste of graham crackers, which he absolutely loved...at one point we had about 10 people sitting around watching him eat, as he was cracking us all up...after the party we headed home so Mommy and Baby could take a nice long nap while I went out and knocked out some yard work....

Anyhow...it's been a busy weekend and I'm sure tomorrow will be more of the same...after all, when you have a little guy that knows how to get around, there is definitely no rest for the weary....


Hope you're having a great weekend, and we'll do our best to be more diligent with our posts...I promise!

No comments: