Sunday, October 19, 2008

7 Months

As of October 18th, 2008 Landon is 7 months old. Sometimes it's hard to believe. Everyone always says to you "they grow so fast." I don't think it's something you can really truly understand until you're there. I remember when I was pregnant, people would say this to me all the time and I'd nod my head in agreement or so "yes, I know." Looking back now, even after all the warnings of time's ability to really speed up, I'm in awe of how quickly it has gone by. We've mentioned time and again how big Landon is getting. It's funny how accustomed we've become to his size. My best friend Ramsey and her husband Blaine had a new baby boy September 2nd. Grayson Morris was born weighing in at 5lbs 8oz and seeing pictures of him (like this adorable one here!), I was taken back by how little he seemed. In reality, he really wasn't that small. It's just that I've gotten so used to how big Landon is now, that I forget he was that small at one point too. I started going back through some of our older pictures of Landon and it's funny to see how he's changed. Take these two pictures for example - this pacifier once seemed so big compared to his tiny little face. Now, it just looks like a normal pacifier! He's even mastered the art of putting it in his own mouth when it falls out, which is nice! Here's another comparison for you. This picture of Dustin and Landon in the rocking chair was taken when Landon was 2 weeks old. See how small he looks in Dustin's arms? Well, from the pictures taken this morning you can see he's not a tiny little baby anymore, but more of a handful! I guess it's just funny to look back through the old pictures and see how much he's changed and grown! I have a feeling we'll be doing that for the next 20 + years. He seems to be learning so much every day. Almost over night, he's become more and more mobile, from crawling backwards to pulling himself up. It will be fun to see what he can do next! He also has quite the personality on him. He's a little ham! A few weeks ago, he learned how to blow raspberries on you. On my arm, on my leg, on my chest - wherever. And then he'll look at you, wait for a reaction and then start laughing. He knows he's funny and likes to see your reaction to things. It's so much fun to watch him grow and change.

As for this weekend, it's another that's gone by in the blink of an eye. We had a friends wedding on Saturday. It was fun to get dressed up and go out for an adults night. It's the longest we've been out since Landon was born other then a quick movie or dinner. We had fun with our friends Misty and Aaron and even got in a few dances. For those that don't know, Dustin LOVES to dance, so it was fun to get out there and cut a rug! Hopefully Landon will be as good of a dancer as his Dad is! I'm sure his Dad will tell him it's a great way to get the girls to notice you...having a few good moves on the dance floor! :-)
We also have another big night out planned this week. Dustin and I will be going to see Jimmy Buffett in the Bay Area and will be staying over night. Yes, it's our first night away from Landon. Needless to say, we're a little nervous, but as any first time parent can attest - it's normal. Hopefully we'll be having so much fun at the concert, we won't be thinking about Landon (too much anyway!). It will certainly be an interesting experience and I'm sure I'll have us pulling out of the hotel parking lot bright and early - hung over or not!
Hope everyone had a good weekend as well. Check back for more posts - most likely on Wednesday. Love, Dustin, Michaela and Landon

No comments: