Happy Tuesday to you all.
His shirt in this picture says it all...don't you think?
I am happy to report that Landon and I both made it through Day 1 of "Daddy Training Camp" with flying colors....I didn't drop the baby even once. ;) We had a very nice day, filled with naps, bottles, a little TV, some reading, and quite a lot of chatter (from both of us).
We're not sure if he is teething yet, or if he just has some weird baby oral fixation, but
everything that he can wrap his fingers around goes directly into his mouth...needless to say, we're trying to keep our house pretty clean, so that he doesn't put anything too germ-infested in there....it's extra difficult due to the fact that Guinness is more than happy to offer up his toys to Landon, as we always taught our boys to share everything...we'd just rather not have the dog toys end up in his mouth....we think that might not work out too well.
Other than that, it was a pretty mellow day in the Burgess household. We grilled up some nice steaks last night, watched a couple of shows, and tried to stay out of the heat.
Landon's been doing this goofy thing lately where he wakes up at 3 or 4 in the morning for a feeding...he had been sleeping through the night for a few days in a row there, so we're not sure if he's not getting enough food in his last feeding of the night, or if something else is going on...quite possibly he could just be resentful that his Mommy is now back at work and he's trying to make her as tired as he can for the next day...hopefully it's just a phase that will pass shortly...our fingers are crossed.
I think I'm going to sign off now, as he's starting to get pretty chatty and we need to practice saying "DADA" some more...hope you have a good one!
2 comments:
Congrats on the time off work with your boy! I'm jealous of having that much time and it looks like fun. I feel your pain when it comes to middle-of-the-night wake ups. We took Layla's pacifier away for good a couple of days ago and the wake ups are decreasing. Cool tatoo, by the way. That's a great design and idea. There's nothing more permanant than your own son so i'm sure you'll enjoy that tatoo forever.
Thanks Bronson! Yeah, the whole Paid Family Leave Act that California has is amazing...really a great opportunity to spend time with the new kids.
Glad to see that you read our blog as well...we check yours daily and love to see how the twins are growing up.
Post a Comment