Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday = Fun Day!


Good Morning, Happy Monday, and welcome to another edition of the Burgess Baby Blog...we're coming to you live this morning from beautiful, sunny Roseville, California...where the temperature is steadily working its way up to a warm, but not stifling 94 degrees.

As you can see from the pictures scattered throughout this post, we had some fun with the camera last night...always good times when you have a giggly baby!

Since I'm posting something at 7:30am on a Monday, I guess it's obvious that I am not at work today...today is the start of my "mini-vacation"....well, actually it's not really a vacation...more of a "Daddy + Baby" week...any way you look at it, I don't have to go into work again until next Wednesday, and I get to reconnect with my son, who I've missed terribly since I've been back at work...so let's just say that I'm pretty excited!

This just brings back to mind a favorite quote of ours from Sex and the City when Miranda drops off her baby with the father for a weekend... "Monday through Friday, I try not to kill the baby...Saturday and Sunday, YOU try not to kill the baby"....sometimes that's what new parenting seems like...you like to think that you know what you're doing, but more times than not, you don't really have a clue and are just hoping to not do anything too stupid....well, the gauntlet has been thrown, and for the next 7 weekdays, I will do my darndest not to do anything that will stunt our child's development. ;)

As for our weekend, it was great! It was in the 100's and very hot here (yes, that is hot to us pansies out in California...it's not 114 like our AZ family has to deal with, but it's hot to us!)...so we mostly just stayed indoors, talked with the baby, and enjoyed each other's company...we also got some family pictures taken on Saturday morning (Landon was at his best for the first part, but lost interest about halfway through and wouldn't give us any more smiles)....we'll be picking out the proofs that we like on Thursday, and when we have access to them, we'll let you know...other than that, we got a few errands knocked out, and then just hung out.
As for this week, in case you're wondering what I have planned for us, I think we'll be doing quite a bit of reading (Dr. Seuss is a personal favorite), definitely a ton of eating and napping....we'll probably sit and listen to some good music (Jimmy Buffett, Dave Matthews Band, and Jack Johnson come to mind), and talk to each other as much as we can...my personal goal is to get him to say "DADA" before anything else...not sure it's going to work, but I'm trying...
Another fun thing I wanted to share....we have found one surefire way to make him smile...he loves to hear the sound of his own name, and we have made it into a little song...it goes "L-A-N, D-O-N.....My name is....LANDON"....he loves it and always smiles when we sing it to him....well, we were talking about this the other day, and we are starting to worry that he'll be 15 years old and when he introduces himself to someone new, it will be with "L-A-N, D-O-N....my name is LANDON!!"....while we think it's cute now, when he's in high school that might just seem weird....
Well, I think I can hear the little guy starting to wake up...I guess it's time for a fresh diaper and a bottle....I'll definitely try to keep the posts going this week, but we'll see how everything goes...
Until next time...

No comments: