Friday, January 15, 2010

New Pics

Hey Everybody,

Congratulations on making it to the weekend. For some of you (Michaela and Landon included) this is actually a 3-day weekend, so you've got that going for you! As for me, I'm headed back to work on Monday, but I'm trying not to think about that right now, as we have the best weekend of NFL football of the year right in front of us, including a game between my beloved Cowboys and Brett Favre's latest team (the Vikings in this case). Should be a blast!


We're actually going to have Landon's good buddy Nicholas and his parents John and KC over to our house this afternoon for some football and some laughs....the boys should have an awesome time playing with Landon's Christmas spoils, and hopefully they'll wear each other out sufficiently. Since we told Landon that Nicholas was coming over earlier this week, it's been nothing but "NEEK! NEEK! NEEK!" all week long.



So this post is mostly just going to be a few new pictures that we have taken recently. This first one is a pic of Landon running in our backyard. He and Michaela and I were playing out back and he thought it was funny to run across the yard to the fence and back. He must have done it 15 times (laughing the whole way), and I managed to snap this picture of him during one of his return trips. I absolutely LOVE this picture. I think it pretty much captures the essence of being a kid without a care in the world, doesn't it?


The next picture is the first of a few that we had taken at Picture People last weekend. We hadn't taken a really good profile pic of him in a while and we thought that this one turned out to be quite good. Let me tell you that this age has to be the most difficult to get pictures taken. When he was younger, he really wasn't moving around all that much so it was pretty easy to plop him down and snap off a couple of pictures while he sat there. And while I hope I'm not jinxing myself here, I have to imagine that when he's a bit older, it'll be fairly easy to take pictures as he whould be able to listen to instructions (if not...then at least he'll be old enough for a little discipline since "Time Out" really isn't all that effective at a Picture Studio). But at his current age, it was a total nightmare trying to get these taken. He didn't want to sit still, constantly wanted to check things out...and at one point he literally walked out of the studio, out of the shop, and was halfway down the mall trying to get back to the play area before Michaela could catch him! So yeah...we're just happy that we got a couple of decent pics all things considered...

In this next picture you can see one of our "tricks" that we used to keep him occupied. In his hand are "Mater" and "King"...two of the characters in the Pixar movie "Cars". Landon is obsessed with that movie (and the Pixar movie "Up"). While I will admit that it's nice to take a much needed break from the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, it does get old watching the same two movies on a continuous loop. I'm not sure why the photo cropped down to be so slim, but it got all the important parts of the shot!


And the last one that we had taken I like to call "our little Angel". I'm not sure it really needs any explanation. :) This is something that Landon has been doing more and more of lately....and no, we haven't taught him how to pray yet. I think he just likes to grasp his fingers together for some reason.


So that pretty much wraps up the professional pictures that we had taken. We actually have quite a few random pictures that we've taken over the past week (plus the ones I'm sure we'll take this weekend), so look out for possibly another post sometime tomorrow.
In the meantime, I'll leave you with this video. I think we mentioned in a previous post that we received a Flip Video Camera for Christmas (Thank You Uncle Adam!) and we have actually been taking a lot of videos lately. The only problem is I'm still having a lot of difficulty uploading them onto this blog. I have even explored the possibility of using Facebook or YouTube to share these videos, and if I keep having problems, I might go that route....but I did discover a little "trick" recently for the Flip Camera, so I think it might help with all this. So I'll try to post more and more videos as we go...this one just shows Landon playing with some toys and doing a little talking.
Have a great weekend and we'll see you soon!



3 comments:

BeccaMac said...

Oh my! These pictures and video have just cemented in my mind what I had already suspected, Landon's more little boy than baby now. Grayson and Landon are always my little glimpses into my near future, and it's starting to freak me out! Very cute though, can't wait to see you guys in April.

The McFarrens said...

Great new pictures guys! And I loved the video -- especially loved how he was just standing in the middle of his car track -- too funny. What a big boy!

Dustin said...

Yeah Kristi - I'm not sure we're going to win any "Parent of the Year" awards...we let him stand on the coffee table and ottoman all the time. I suppose we do have better manners at other peoples houses though! :-)