It's Saturday evening and our weekend (or week off) is quickly coming to an end. We've had a great time off from work and I don't think any of us are looking forward to getting back into the swing of things just yet. If only vacations lasted forever!Our week of festivities started on Monday. I was originally supposed to work, but since I've been fighting (still fighting) a cold, I took the day off to get ready for Nana and Grampa Steve's arrival. They drove up from Arizona to spend a few days with us and arrived while Landon was taking a nap. Landon knew they were coming and had been asking for a couple of days for "Nanie & Papa". He was thrilled to see that they had finally arrived when he woke up...and had presents waiting to be unwrapped as well. His new gift from Nana & Papa was a new
Radio Flyer tricycle, which he absolutely loves. He even takes advantage of the basket in the back to store his beloved sass and brush while he cruises. The tricycle comes with a nifty "parent" attachment in the back so we can take it on walks and can control where he rides - so we don't have any accidental car crashes
or tipping off of curbs. I think we can easily say that Santa Claus thought Landon was a very good boy this year - he got so many great gifts from so many loved ones!
Radio Flyer tricycle, which he absolutely loves. He even takes advantage of the basket in the back to store his beloved sass and brush while he cruises. The tricycle comes with a nifty "parent" attachment in the back so we can take it on walks and can control where he rides - so we don't have any accidental car crashes
or tipping off of curbs. I think we can easily say that Santa Claus thought Landon was a very good boy this year - he got so many great gifts from so many loved ones! Tuesday night we recreated "Tamale Night" since my Mom and Steve brought some tamales up from Arizona. They weren't cooked, so it was so nice to enjoy a nice tamale dinner just like we would have had in Arizona. Thanks guys! 

The rest of the week was spent relaxing, reading, enjoying some wine, going to the park & on walks and playing with Landon. Nana and Papa were told to "sit" several times (this is Landon's new thing) while he patted the floor next to him in a welcoming "come play with me" manner. Several block towers were built and destroyed and cars and trains vroomed around the floor. Both my Mom and Steve were impressed by how well Landon is talking and communicating - and how polite he is!

We were also able to get away one afternoon to head up to Auburn for some tasty burgers and beer from the local brewery. Landon also had what Dustin and I agreed was his best dining experience yet. Meaning, Dustin and I were able to hang out, enjoy our beers and Landon sat contentedly coloring with Nana & Papa and people watching. Not once did he say "all done" and expect to get out of his seat. What a nice change! Maybe more restaurant dining will be in our future?
The week passed far too quickly (just like the rest of 2009) and Nana & Papa left this morning to head back to Arizona. We had a great time while they were here and can't wait to see them again!!
After they left, Dustin and I decided to make the most of our last vacation day and dr
ive Landon up to the snow. Landon had a great time! We even made a
miniture snow man. While we didn't stay long it was successful trip and hopefully we'll be heading out again soon. As for 2010, we're not sure what is in store for us, but we know that it's going to be an amazing year. Hope the New Year brings amazing things for all of our friends and family as well!!
2 comments:
Great pictures guys! I hope you have a very Happy New Year!! Miss you!
Chris and I decided to call it "twenty ten" too. Why is that such a big deal anyway? That was all the talk New Year's Day. Hope you don't mind I peeked at the blog, it is VERY cute!
Post a Comment