Happy Weekend Everyone!
So far our weekend has started off pretty well.
Michaela went out for a run with her pal KC and has been gone for almost two hours now, so I'm guessing that she went for a long one...her and KC are beginning to train for their next half-marathon, which is in March, so they'll be racking up the miles over the next couple of months. With Michaela out of the house, I decided it was time for me to introduce Landon to a "Man's Store", so I took him to Lowe's. We spent a good 45 minutes running around like crazy people, and even managed to buy a couple of fun things (including a drill that I've been eyeing for a while)...Landon really likes to play with the drill (don't worry, there are no bits in it), and he constantly says "My Drill!", to which I reply...."No way dude! That's Daddy's drill!".
This week has been a pretty rough one on a couple of fronts. First off, the first week after a vacation is usually tough as it always seems to take the body a few days to get used to the grind. To top that off, I was really sick all week. It's unfortunate, as Michaela was sick all through vacation and I thought I managed to avoid it...but sure enough, Monday morning I woke up feeling like a Mack truck ran me down....and I had to fight with it all week....I told Michaela the other day that I think that's one of the hardest parts about being a parent....coming home when you're really sick and you just want to curl up in the fetal position and stare at the television, but
you just know that you are going to spend the next few hours chasing after a child...I honestly don't know how single parents do it!
In case you're wondering, the picture here is one of Landon trying to avoid bath time at all costs. He is typically jazzed to play in the water, but on this particular evening we shared an ice cream cone and he was a little amped up on the sugar. We ended up getting him in the bath, but immediately after he got out he proceeded to pee on his bed before we could get a diaper on him....good times, let me tell you!
With regards to Landon, his first week back at daycare was pretty good overall, but the mornings were a different story. I'm typically the one to drop Landon off at school in the morning, and for the first few days back, he absolutely refused to let me leave. We tried every trick in the book, but he screamed and cried and was not his usual happy self. Needless to say, I was a little late the first few days back to work. But as the week has gone on, he's seemed to get
back to normal. If I can get him distracted with something fun, he'll say goodbye to me and let me be on my way...so we've got that going for us.
Landon's vocabulary has grown by leaps and bounds over the last month as well. He is actually starting to speak in some sentences....not all the time or anything, but I'd say about 30-40% of the time. If he wants something, he'll say "more blueberries please Daddy", or "sit, play trains Mommy!"....things like that. He's also started to say his name (FINALLY!) which comes out like "Annon" right now, but we're working on it. He's getting better and better at sharing as well, which we've been stressing as his favorite word these days seems to be "Mine!".
I think I'll end this short post with a funny story that Michaela told me yesterday. Apparently when she went to pick Landon up from school yesterday she stopped at the door to watch the kids interact before she went in. Landon was standing next to a kid that's probably about 6 months younger than he is (they mix the classes towards the end of the day) and was shaking his hand at the kid saying "no no no", while the child tried to slap Landon 3 or 4 times (the teacher was in the process of coming over to correct the little one as well). Anyhow, Michaela came in and Landon ran over to her to get on out of there...and while Michaela was talking to th
e teacher she noticed Landon's best buddy Anthony sneaking up on the "slapper" from behind without being noticed....a second later and POW!, Anthony full on shoved the kid on the back and the kid went flying! Sort of a "don't you dare mess with my buddy" moment.
Anyhow, I thought that was funny, and just goes to show you how close Landon has become with his good friend (thanks Anthony!).
Hope you have a great weekend, and don't forget to cheer for my Cowboys tonight...we haven't won in a playoff game in like 10 years, and our fan base could definitely use it!
1 comment:
Love the nudy picture of Landon! We call Grayson the "streaker" at bathtime, as for the past month or so, he loves to run throughout the house giggling right after we take his diaper off, but before we have time to snatch him and stick him in the bath! Boys will be boys! Can't believe how verbal Landon is getting. You have to get a video up so we can hear him!
Post a Comment