Hey Guys,
Long time no see! It sure does feel like ages since the last time I sat down to do a post, and I
must apologize once again for slacking...but at least I have a great wife that is more than willing to take over when I'm AWOL for long stretches. I thought her last post was pretty darn funny and the part about locking herself out of the house had me laughing out loud...needless to say, when one of us is gone it sure does seem like it takes all of our energy just to keep Landon within our sights, so everything else sometimes looks a little fuzzy.
Anyhow, there seems to be a ton to report from the last post so I'll just jump right in. As you'll note, there are pictures here from our most recent weekend, our trip to San Francisco from the prior weekend, and just some random ones that we wanted to get up here.
For starters I wanted to mention that we have one agreeable kid on our hands these days. Whenever we ask Landon anything, he immediately responds with a fervent nod and a "YEAH!" like he can't wait to do whatever it was you just said. That is, until he realizes w
hat you asked him to do, at which point he looks at you like he is deeply hurt that you tricked him and says "no" while emphatically shaking his head. So this is an all day thing that is good for quite a few laughs with Michaela and I. Just a few minutes ago Michaela asked Landon "do you want to wear your diaper in the bath in case you end up peeing in there again?"...to which Landon said "YEAH!" (like he thought it was the most brilliant idea ever).
hat you asked him to do, at which point he looks at you like he is deeply hurt that you tricked him and says "no" while emphatically shaking his head. So this is an all day thing that is good for quite a few laughs with Michaela and I. Just a few minutes ago Michaela asked Landon "do you want to wear your diaper in the bath in case you end up peeing in there again?"...to which Landon said "YEAH!" (like he thought it was the most brilliant idea ever).Landon's vocabulary is expanding at a ridiculous pace right now so it's pointless to even try and sum up all of his words. Let's just say that we have to be VERY careful with what words escape our mouthes these days, as we're bound to hear it back over and over again no matter what it was we said.
I will say that he has regressed some on his sleeping habits, as he was sleeping through the night in his "big boy bed" for a while. He got sick a few weeks back and ever since then, he's been waking up quite a bit in the middle of the night and has ended up crashing in our bed on more than one occasion as we are just too tired to fight it during the wee twighlight hours. He's also becoming a little pill when it's time to put him down to bed (whether it's a nap or night time). He literally refuses to go down, screaming at the top of his lungs, arching his back, twisting and rolling, and doing whatever else he can to get away. The other night he was actually pushing Michaela away from him while saying "Go Mommy, Go!"...can you believe that? Anyhow, we know that "this too shall pass", but we're kinda hoping it passes sooner than later...those nights of him sleeping through the night in his bed really spoiled us and we want them back!
So let me briefly mention our trip to San Francisco, as you only got to hear Michaela's side of the
story. I must tell you that while I had a total blast, I too felt like I had run a marathon by the time Sunday evening rode around. We got to spend a ton of time with our good friends the Bobrowski's, and while John and his son Nicholas were more than happy to chill with Landon and I while the ladies ran, it seemed like "chilling" consisted of John and I running around the hotel at full speed chasing after the little guys. Race day was more of the same, as we took the little buggers from one race stop to the next, hoping to catch glimpses of Michaela and KC as they ran by (let me tell you that it's fairly difficult to look for your wife in the middle of 20,000 women when you've got to keep your attention focused on a toddler whose sole mission is to maneuver his escape). We did end up getting to see the girls several times, and then headed to the finish line for the "main event". While John was tasked with taking pictures of the women cross the finish line, I had to wrangle both Landon and Nicholas, and I ended up holding them for a good chunk of time before it was "go time". Let's just say that holding two boys for a while is tough on your back and your biceps (especially when one of the boys is Landon "aka the Chunk" Burgess). But it was all good in the end, Michaela finished in great time, and we got some wonderful pictures of both girls finishing their first big race (thanks John!).
story. I must tell you that while I had a total blast, I too felt like I had run a marathon by the time Sunday evening rode around. We got to spend a ton of time with our good friends the Bobrowski's, and while John and his son Nicholas were more than happy to chill with Landon and I while the ladies ran, it seemed like "chilling" consisted of John and I running around the hotel at full speed chasing after the little guys. Race day was more of the same, as we took the little buggers from one race stop to the next, hoping to catch glimpses of Michaela and KC as they ran by (let me tell you that it's fairly difficult to look for your wife in the middle of 20,000 women when you've got to keep your attention focused on a toddler whose sole mission is to maneuver his escape). We did end up getting to see the girls several times, and then headed to the finish line for the "main event". While John was tasked with taking pictures of the women cross the finish line, I had to wrangle both Landon and Nicholas, and I ended up holding them for a good chunk of time before it was "go time". Let's just say that holding two boys for a while is tough on your back and your biceps (especially when one of the boys is Landon "aka the Chunk" Burgess). But it was all good in the end, Michaela finished in great time, and we got some wonderful pictures of both girls finishing their first big race (thanks John!).Monday morning I packed my bags and headed off to New York for a business trip. It marked the first time that Michaela and Landon were by themselves for an extended period of time (and
only the second time ever that I left Landon overnight). It was a very weird experience leaving work and not having to do all the normal things that accompany parenthood (get dinner ready, chase after the kid, do dishes, bath time, etc.). I made sure to give Michaela extra praise and love when I got home, as she was double-timing it with night time duties and morning duties to which she is not accustomed. The trip itself was nice (as I got to see my old college buddy Matt), but it was very short, very busy, and extremely exhausting! The 3-hour time difference really wrecks your body when you're only there for a short period of time, and I was feeling the compounding effect of the San Francisco and New York trips take a toll on the old body (just listen to me whine...I'm only 28 years old for crying out loud!).
I got back into town just in time to take Friday off in order to meet up with some family members, play some golf, and catch up with everyone. My Dad's Dad Don turns 75 years old in a few days and we all wanted to get together to celebrate. On Friday we all played golf at Empire Ranch in Folsom, then headed out for some beer and pizza in the evening. Landon enjoyed his first ever Round Table personal pepperoni pizza. He ended up devouring the pepperoni, but wasn't too sure about the rest of it. As he normally likes pizza we were thinking that maybe Round Table's sauce is a little too spicy
for him. He was pretty well-behaved though and ended up spending most of his time showing off his books.
On Saturday we all got together for the big celebration at a local community center and it was really great to see friends and family that I haven't seen in a very long time. Landon got to play with his cousins (Ethan, Aidan, and Brendan) and he got to meet his two newer cousins (Sophie and Axel). They had set up a little miniature golf course for the boys, and they just loved it. I'm not going to lie, there were definitely some shoves and cries over the putters and balls, but they're little boys...so what do you expect?
Saturday evening we were able to hang out at my cousin Jill and Brian's house for a little extra time visiting. We also got to be there to celebrate Brendan's second birthday which was fun (we can't believe how fast the time is flying).
The rest of the weekend was spent trying to catch up on housework chores, rest, and relaxation...of which I can say we were not very successful. But hey, there's always next week!
Hope you guys have a great week and we'll see you soon!
1 comment:
Sorry to hear Landon isn't sleeping as well as he was before. I know what you mean about being spoiled. Molly has been sleeping like a newborn for the past month or so and it blows to have to go back to that schedule. Booo!
Post a Comment