Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thursday Photos...making up for Wednesday

Hi! Happy Thursday to everyone! Not much new to report here. Dustin's basically covered it all. Landon is still teething although we can see the peak poking through...he almost has his I-Teeth in on. Hopefully he'll be sleeping a little better here soon as he's been sleeping really poorly lately. Do kids have bad dreams this early? Sometimes I wonder because he will sometimes wake in the middle of the night crying frantically. Can the pain be that bad to cause him to wake in such a manner? Or can he possibly be having a bad dream? Who knows.

One new recent developement is that Landon has become the target of a biter at school. Now, being a defensive Mother, I'd like to say that Landon did nothing to deserve this! Of course, I think I'd be very naive to say he's completely blameless. Not that his behaviors excuse the biting, but I do not think the attack was un-warranted. There are only 4 kids in his class and they're all boys. From the left: Anthony, Jack, Landon and Lucas. They are all within the 13-15 month range and Landon is by far the biggest. I think he out weighs Anthony by a good 8lbs and they're only a day apart. Well, as it turns out, our boy likes to throw his weight around to get what he wants. Be a toy that Anthony is playing with or a book that Jack has. Both of these boys are very easy going and laid back and just let Landon take what they have and they'll just go and grab another toy to play with. Or they'll turn it into a game and chase Landon for a little bit and take the toy back, then Landon will chase them...and this transaction goes back and forth until the boys get bored. Well as it turns out Lucas decided that he is no longer going to take things laying down and now has started biting Landon. We picked him up from school yesterday with a big bruise on his arm - perfectly shapped with little teeth marks (you can still see the bruise just above his elbow). How infuriating! I know it's a "stage" they go through, but it still sucks having your child be the one bitten. I just hope Landon doesn't pick up this little bad habit and start biting other kids to get his way. Keep your fingers crossed! We had a small window of that already when he was biting us...let's not bring it back!
I suppose that's about it. Just a short "rant" and update. Hope everyone has a good rest of the week and the weekend will be here before we know it! Here's a few new pictures.

No comments: