Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

Happy Mother's Day to all Mom's out there.
This has been a great weekend, and I think this post is going to be a little erratic. We took a ton of pictures this weekend, and I think that's the best way to tell you about our days off...so I'm just going to start throwing pictures up here, and we'll address them as we go.


We started out on Saturday doing our typical thing...breakfast, dog walk, coffee, and playtime. Landon was in a very playful mood, and at one point he decided to climb on the chair where Michaela was sitting to look at the computer. I managed to get a quick picture of him giving her a little pre-Mother's Day lovin'.

After that, we headed over to my Grandma and Grandpa Burgess' house to meet a new family member. My cousin Bri had her son (Axel) not too long ago, and they were in town to visit, as well as her parents Bruce and Sonia, who we haven't seen in a very long time (as they live in Chicago). It was great to meet Axel, who is very cute, as well as see Bri and her parents. Landon enjoyed meeting his baby cousin and he's getting more familiar with my Grandparent's house with every visit. Landon held out for quite a while, but eventually his lack of a nap kicked in and he passed out in my arms, so we knew it was time to hightail it out of there.


I dropped Landon and Michaela off at home and headed over to the movie theater to meet my Mom and Dennis for an afternoon showing of the new Star Trek movie. I have to tell you, I was a huge fan of the TV series and all of the movies, and I totally loved it! The casting was spot-on, there was a great balance of action and humor, and it wasn't too long...all in all, I highly recommend it, whether you are a Star Trek fan or not.




When I got back from the movie, it was time for a second round of playtime. As you can see by this picture, Landon's fascination with putting things on his head hasn't really abated yet...oh well, at least he doesn't suffer from a shortage of hats!
That gets us through Saturday...it was a tough night filled with late-night screaming and hours of missed sleep, which we're not really sure about...he might be getting in his "eye" teeth, although we can't really tell...one way or the other, he wasn't too happy last night....and now we finally get to Mother's Day....

I woke up early and went out to get the house straightened up...a few minutes later I heard some commotion and walked into the back of the house, where I found Landon bouncing up and down on Michaela's stomach....nothing says "Happy Mother's Day" like 30 lbs of baby bouncing on your unsuspecting tummy! Needless to say, he thought it was hilarious.

After opening Landon's present to her, we enjoyed a nice breakfast (made by yours truly of course), some coffee, and a nice walk with the dogs before it got too hot. We then headed over to my Mom's house for a little while, where Landon passed the time away by playing with their dog's toys.

After a few errands, and some yard work in the afternoon, we headed over to my Aunt Lisa and Uncle Bryon's house for some much-needed swim time. As Landon was so young last summer, we don't think he really remembers being in the pool at all last year. His eyes grew to the size of dinner plates when he first realized we were going in the water. While it was a little cold, it was still great. Their pool is really cool and has a shallow ledge that's pretty large, so Landon was able to wade around in the water without too much difficulty.


As you can see, he really enjoyed splashing around, as well as being thrown up in the air. I think we're going to really try to get him comfortable in the water this summer, as he just loves it.

Now we're just finishing up some last-minute chores before calling it a night.

We hope you had a great weekend and a great Mother's Day.


See you soon!

No comments: