Monday, March 23, 2009

Sweetness

Good Morning to You,


Today's post is going to be devoted to all things sweet, in special tribute to my Arizona Wildcats, who made it to the Sweet 16 after yesterday's romp over Cleveland State in the NCAA Tournament. With all that happened, I just had to post a couple of pictures of Landon in his new jersey. This was a present from his Godfather Dave, and while it's WAAAAY too big for him now, this is something that he'll be able to grow into (and it won't take as long as it probably should for him to fit into it)....it's an authentic UofA jersey, and man is it cool!



It's funny because ever since I left to go to school there back in 1999, I've been a die-hard UofA fan, and we've always been successful in basketball. We've made the tournament 25 years in a row (and are only two years off of tying the all-time record), and we typically made it fairly deep into the tournament.



But this year, with our coach of 25 years (Lute Olsen) retiring, none of the UofA fans really expected a whole lot from this current squad. We were actually the last team to get an at-large bid, and many people felt that we didn't even belong this year. Well, I think it's now safe to say (after our two wins this weekend), that we definitely belong and we might not be done making noise yet! Our next game is Friday against the #1 overall seed in the tournament, Louisville, so none of us would be surprised if this was our last game of the season...but hey, it's March Madness, stranger things have happened, and I'll be screaming at my TV for sure come Friday!

I also thought this would be a good spot to mention that on Friday after work, Michaela and I took Landon to his first Sports Bar to watch the UofA game (since CBS didn't want to air it here)...it was a pretty fun experience for the majority of the game...Landon ate crackers and mozarella sticks, and really enjoyed watching all the people yell at the TV's....he even got into the action a few times in between saying "Hi" to everyone....but sometime in the second half of the game he hit his wall, and it was time to go....but it was a good first attempt and we're going to continue to work with him on his restaraunt behavior....and these loud places are perfect for practice. :)



On to the next sweet thing on our list...the BOB. What is the BOB you may be asking yourself...and I'll tell you...the BOB is our new jogging stroller! This thing is actually in the "super sweet" category. We got it a week or so ago at REI, and is generally rated to be the top of the line for jogging strollers. You don't need to push the BOB, it sort of just glides....and it's super nice because Michaela and I have long legs and this thing lets us take normal strides, as opposed to the short, choppy steps that our old stroller required.



So far the whole family seems to enjoy it...Landon enjoys the smooth ride, and our dogs enjoy how quiet the BOB is (our old stroller's plastic wheels were constantly rattling and scaring the boys)....


While it is essentially a jogging stroller, neither of us have actually tested that piece of it yet. ;)

Trust me, we both plan to start up again soon...especially since Michaela just registered for a half-marathon in San Francisco for this fall...but I'm sure that we'll be running with this thing before you know it...I've actually heard it's great to take hiking as well, so we might be testing that out come summertime.

Michaela and I also had the pleasure of a very sweet night on the town on Saturday night. My cousin Ashley came over for a couple of hours to watch Landon, while Michaela and I headed out for a nice meal. After trying a couple of spots (PF Chang's had an hour and 45 minute wait time!!!) we ended up here...http://www.paulmartinsamericanbistro.com/

We had a really great time, enjoying some good wine, calamari for an appetizer, and some delicious main courses...I had a pork chop that was literally 3-4 inches thick...and Michaela had some Halibut in a tomato sauce...we both also got to enjoy some shredded, sauteed brussel sprouts. It was awesome!

We headed home to find that Ashley had fed and bathed Landon, and had gotten him to sleep in his crib! It was great...needless to say, it really is nice to know that we have some reliable babysitting options around us, and Michaela and I hope to venture out more and more in the future. ;)

Another thing that CAN be sweet, and was in our case, is Jamba Juice....we stopped by and got some yesterday, only to find out that Jamba Juice = Baby Crack. I kid you not, Landon was absolutely hooked on the sauce yesterday...he just couldn't get enough of the Jamba Juice...and I will say that he is getting very good at sucking it out of a straw....anyhow, there must have been some sugar or red bull or coffee in that thing, because Landon was literally ouncing off the walls afterwards...

We decided to head over to Target after the Jamba Juice, and we put Landon in the cart (since Target has deep carts, we actually put him in the basket part, not the seat)....now I want you to picture in your mind that scene in the movie Titanic where Leonardo DiCaprio is in front of the ship by himself and screams "I'm the King of the World!!!"...got it in your mind? Ok, now let's remove Leo and replace him with a Chimpanzee....that's pretty much what happened with the aftermath of the Jamba Juice....Landon was standing in the front of the cart, holding on to the rails, yelling at the top of his voice, and bouncing up and down like a monkey! Michaela and I couldn't stop laughing, and pretty much everyone that walked by us did the same...it really was hilarious!

And for those of you with kids, I strongly recommend Jamba Juice...it's high comedy!




And the last sweet thing that I want to post today is this picture...it's of our two birthday boys from last week...Landon is doing his best to give Jack a hug, and Jack is doing his best not to sprint for the door...

Our dogs are getting more and more used to having the baby around, but since he's not as gentle with the dogs as he should be, they are still hesitant to be his jungle gyms....

Anyhow...that's it for now...I hope you have a great week, and don't forget to put on your blue and red and support UofA this Friday!




2 comments:

A pocket full of zen said...

The BOB is soooo awesome,I just got the double. Hilarious Jamba baby crack... Its sooo true! Looks like Landon is definitely keeping you busy.
Krista

BeccaMac said...

Well I've been a little busy...but I just thought I would let you guys know that I have turned on my computer again and I am all caught up on your blog. Looks like I missed some fun stuff!