
First off, let me just say that I'm officially full. I've been eating tamales, burritos, chorizo, chicken, sausages, Papa-San, Chili Pepper, Ronnie's pizza, rice krispy treats, peanut brittle...not to mention about 367 beers since we've been in Yuma! I'm not trying to brag or anything, but this food has been so amazing! Going into the New Year one of my resolutions was to lose 10 pounds...after a week in Arizona, I think I'm going to have to change that goal to 15 pounds!
We knew early on that we were going to ask Tess, as she has always held a special place in our hearts for her sense of humor, appreciation of family, and general love of life. She is so good with kids of all ages (especially now that she teaches Junior High School), and I'm sure Landon will love having her as his Godmother. Hopefully he'll learn early on not to mess with her though...because "Nina" Tess doesn't mess around!
As for today, Steve, Dave, and I are staying at home to watch football...the Cowboys play the Eagles this afternoon and if they win, then they're in the playoffs! Needless to say, I'll be glued to the TV. Michaela, Rachael, and Landon headed over to Ramsey's house again to participate in a baby shower for Becca. I'm sure that as I write this they're all having fun playing games and getting Becca psyched up for her pending arrival.
Yesterday was Landon's Baptism, and what an event it was! There were three babies there to be baptized yesterday, and Landon had the largest su
pporting group by far. It was very cool to see so many people there to support us on this special day and we feel very blessed to have such a caring family. It was extremely important to Michaela that Landon be baptized in the same church that she was, and I think everything went exactly as she hoped....well, except for when we said the wrong name to the Deacon performing the service! At the beginning of the service he asked us what name we had chosen for our child, and Michaela and I were told to select a Saint's name to give to Landon as part of the service. Well, we thought that was the name that he was referring to, so when he said "what name have you chosen for your child?", we responded with "Saint Sebastian"...at which point the Deacon looked really confused and Michaela's Uncle Chris whispered to us "is that even your child?"...everybody got a funny laugh out of it, but we were pretty embarassed.
pporting group by far. It was very cool to see so many people there to support us on this special day and we feel very blessed to have such a caring family. It was extremely important to Michaela that Landon be baptized in the same church that she was, and I think everything went exactly as she hoped....well, except for when we said the wrong name to the Deacon performing the service! At the beginning of the service he asked us what name we had chosen for our child, and Michaela and I were told to select a Saint's name to give to Landon as part of the service. Well, we thought that was the name that he was referring to, so when he said "what name have you chosen for your child?", we responded with "Saint Sebastian"...at which point the Deacon looked really confused and Michaela's Uncle Chris whispered to us "is that even your child?"...everybody got a funny laugh out of it, but we were pretty embarassed.As you can see in the far left of the picture above, Michaela's Dad Skip and Grandma June even took the drive from Phoenix to be there for Landon.
Next we have a picture of the three of us with the Deacon who performed the service, Landon's Godfather Dave
, and Godmother Tess.
Several people have asked us how we came to the decision to ask Dave and Tess to be Landon's Godparents. After all, we had several people that came to mind when we first talked it over. But after quite a bit of consideration, we thought that these two made the most sense.
, and Godmother Tess.Several people have asked us how we came to the decision to ask Dave and Tess to be Landon's Godparents. After all, we had several people that came to mind when we first talked it over. But after quite a bit of consideration, we thought that these two made the most sense.
Dave is one of my closest friends, we have always respected his judgment in all matters of life (business, social, and religious), and we think that he'll be a great resource for Landon to rely on as he gets older. Just look at the fact that when I asked him to be Landon's Godfather he didn't hesitate to say "absolutely". When I told him that the ceremony would take place in Yuma around the holidays, I wasn't sure he'd make it, but he said "no matter what, I will be there". That's something special right there!
We knew early on that we were going to ask Tess, as she has always held a special place in our hearts for her sense of humor, appreciation of family, and general love of life. She is so good with kids of all ages (especially now that she teaches Junior High School), and I'm sure Landon will love having her as his Godmother. Hopefully he'll learn early on not to mess with her though...because "Nina" Tess doesn't mess around!After the service was over, we all headed back to Steve and Rachael's house for a barbecue. We had chicken and sausages and beans and salads and all kinds of goodies. It was just another great meal that I've had here in Yuma. Here's a picture of two of Landon's great grandmothers (C
arol on the left and Alice on the right). It sure seemed like they had a great time watching Landon crawl all over the place.
arol on the left and Alice on the right). It sure seemed like they had a great time watching Landon crawl all over the place.Last night the three Burgesses, plus Dave and Tess headed over to Michaela's friend Ramsey's house to visit, along with Ramsey, her husband Blaine, and 4-month old Grayson, we also got to see Becca and Johnny again. Grayson actually slept through the entire visit, but I did take Landon in to his room a few times to see him sleeping, and Landon couldn't stop giggling
when he saw the baby sleeping. It was pretty darn cute. Here is a picture of me and Landon along with Blaine and Grayson from earlier in the day.
As for today, Steve, Dave, and I are staying at home to watch football...the Cowboys play the Eagles this afternoon and if they win, then they're in the playoffs! Needless to say, I'll be glued to the TV. Michaela, Rachael, and Landon headed over to Ramsey's house again to participate in a baby shower for Becca. I'm sure that as I write this they're all having fun playing games and getting Becca psyched up for her pending arrival.
We will be leaving Yuma tomorrow morning to head up to Phoenix, where we'll be staying with Michaela's Dad and Grandmother for a few days before flying back to Sacramento on Wednesday.
We'll post again soon. Hope you're all enjoying the holiday season!

No comments:
Post a Comment