Saturday, November 7, 2009

Choo Choo!

Happy Weekend to you all!


Another week in the books, and what did we learn for this week? Well, we learned that Landon loves quesadillas from Rubios....that his favorite automobile is the truck, and loves to point them out whenever he's in sight of one...and we discovered that we when sing "the wheels on the bus" song, that his favorite part is "the horn on the bus goes BEEP BEEP BEEP!" because he likes to make the hand gesture of honking the horn.

This Friday Landon got a special treat when his Grandma Dawn and Grandpa Dennis came to pick him up early from daycare for a little playtime. They picked him up after his nap and had a few hours to take him to the park, read some books, and get in some quality time. It sounds like everybody had a great time and it gave them the chance to see how exhausting it is to chase after a kid his age....of course they've both done it before, but I guess you can forget how crazy the little ones really are...


This morning Michaela got up and went for an 8 mile run....whenever she goes on those long runs I get the opportunity for some Father-Son time and I'm always trying to think of fun things to do with him. After getting him fed, I decided we'd finally break into a train set that we'd been sitting on for some time.


When Landon was only a few months old we got a nice gift from my Aunt Lisa and my cousin Zach...they gave us Zach's Thomas the train set, which included plenty of trains, tracks, a table, and everything else that you can think of. Up to this point, we judged that Landon wasn't quite ready to play with them yet...but we decided to go ahead and set it all up for him this weekend, and boy oh boy was that the right move. Landon absolutely loves playing with all the pieces, and makes a very good "CHOO CHOO!" sound as he pushes the trains along the tracks.


Unfortunately he hasn't quite gotten the point yet when it comes to taking apart the track. If I push a train through one of the tunnels, Landon will walk over and pick up the tunnel with a look like "hey, where'd the train go?"...I'm trying to show him that when he takes the track apart, the trains crash....so far he just thinks it's funny.


Anyhow, Landon loves his new train set and we wanted to make sure we said an extra special "THANK YOU!" to all the Sattlers for giving this to Landon. I'm sure he'll get plenty of fun out of it in the future.


As for the rest of this weekend, I went to see my cousin Scott play football today and his school (Jesuit) won the JV game 43-0...so that was pretty fun...I think the rest of the weekend is going to be filled with some cleaning, some errands, and a whole lot of quality time with the family. I'm heading out to New York again next week, so I gotta make sure I get in my family time when I can.


I hope you all have a great weekend and we'll see you soon.


No comments: