Sunday, March 7, 2010

See Us Go


This is Jack. Jack is a good dog, but Jack is sick. He is starting to feel better, and looks like he will be fine, but Jack needs special food and medecine. Good boy Jack!

This is Guinness. Guinness is fat. He is also a good dog, but he lets his appetite guide his actions, and gets into trouble with it. Guinness is on the couch. Get down Guinness!

Jack has special dog food that he gets since he is sick. While we don't have a picture of it, we will use this recent picture to show what happened.

See Guinness get into Jack's special dog food. See Guinness get his head stuck in the dog food bag for 10 minutes. See Guinness bloat up and appear to gain 10 lbs in under 5 minutes. See Jack look sad because Guinness is eating all of his special food. Bad dog Guinness!

This is Landon. Landon is a very smart little boy. He has a great imagination, and a very big appetite (just like Guinness). Landon especially loves ice cream cones.
Sometimes Landon's imagination will combine with his appetite and crazy things will happen. See Landon eat an ice cream cone. But wait, that's not a real ice cream cone! Stop Landon Stop! Too late.

Michaela literally asked him what he was doing while he was chewing on the flash card, to which he replied "ice cream cone!"....hmmm....guess we have to chaulk that one up to the kid's wild imagination.

So that was my first (and most likely only) attempt at writing a short children's story. Maybe one day I'll be a world famous author and that post will be worth millions. And maybe Guinness will one day not care about food....NOT!

Anyhow, we have had a pretty busy week here and are extremely glad that the weekend is upon us. The weekend has been very fun but hectic so far, as we've been out and about, getting ready for Landon's second birthday coming up soon. One misstep for me took place on Friday night when I was playing with Landon on the hardwood floors. I was wearing very slick socks and my feet completely flew out from underneath me as if I was in a cartoon. I landed flat on my back and hit my head on the floor. I am super relieved that I didn't hurt Landon in the process, but I did scare the little bugger pretty badly. I think I tweaked my neck and my back pretty good though, as I've been very ginger ever since and haven't been able to run with Michaela these past few days.


As for the little guy, Landon has been learning words at a lightning pace, and his new favorite saying seems to be "who's that guy?" whenever he sees a new face (including the mannequins at Fleet Feet). It amazes us how good his memory is getting, as whenever we drive he'll point out places along the way (ie. "Guinness' doctor" for our vet, "Pizza" for our local pizza joint, etc.).


I also wanted to throw in this picture that I took the other morning. Landon has this way of sitting that reminds me so much of the little kid in Forrest Gump. He sits with his head tilted to the side and this look of wonder on his face. It cracks me up every time!


We also managed to get out and spend some time with my Mom and Dennis yesterday, including a very fun meal at Lorenzo's Mexican Food Restaurant....Landon really enjoyed the chips and salsa, black beans, and bites of Daddy's burrito. Mommy and Daddy really enjoyed the agave wine margaritas!


Today is going to be filled with cleaning the house, running a few errands, and trying to get rested up for the new week.


I think I'll end with this video. It's kind of all over the place but I did manage to get him to sing most of the ABC song. He is usually very good about finishing it, but he gets side-tracked easily and will sometimes stop at "V". He also loves to count to 20, so I may try and get that on film shortly.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend and we'll see you soon!

1 comment:

BeccaMac said...

What sort of horrible ice cream have you been giving that poor boy that he finds a flash card comparable?