The title of this blog is just how I feel today. This has been an insane weekend and I'm totally beat. Actually, I'm not theonly one that's totally beat...Landon had his second birthday party
yesterday, was running all over the place, then we all got up at the crack of dawn to root Michaela on as she ran a half-marathon...so basically, the entire family is in desparate need of a nap.
So this post is going to be very heavy on the pictures, and very light on the dialogue. Please know that I do have alot to say, and I'd love to write a 3-page epic blog...but I'm just pooped.
Here's how our weekend has gone. Michaela's Dad Skip drove in from Flagstaff, AZ on Thursday
afternoon. He's been staying with us and having a blast keeping up with Landon. On Friday, Michaela's Aunt Marcia and her Uncle Doug drove down from Portland, OR to spend some time with us and be here for Landon's birthday party as well. Michaela actually got to take Friday off of work to hang out with her family and Landon, and it sounds like it was a fun day. The only downer was that it was pouring rain here on Friday, so the activities were primarily kept indoors. We actually freaked out that it was going to rain on Saturday, as that was Landon's
birthday party and we were hoping to spend that time in the backyard.
Long story short, the weather turned out great on Saturday and Sunday, and the party was a complete success. We had quite a bit of friends and family over for snacks, drinks, and play time with Landon. He got to open a giant pile of presents, and really had a wonderful day.
Landon's two best buds, Anthony and Nicholas, came over and the three boys had a blast playing ball, riding bikes, and especially running around the backyard. As you can see in this
picture, Anthony broke his leg last week, but his parents (Pete and Jenn) were real troopers and actually carried Anthony while running around with Nick and Landon so Anthony wouldn't miss out on any of the fun.
picture, Anthony broke his leg last week, but his parents (Pete and Jenn) were real troopers and actually carried Anthony while running around with Nick and Landon so Anthony wouldn't miss out on any of the fun.After gametime, everybody sang "Happy Birthday" to Landon, we all had cupcakes, and
the kids went ballistic on a sugar-high. We all had a great time at the party (especially Landon) and we want to make sure to thank everyone for coming and spending some time with us.
Even with all that partying, this morning we woke up at 5am (which actually felt like 4am since Daylight Savings kicked in this morning) to go cheer on Michaela as she ran the Shamrock'N Half Marathon in downtown Sacramento. Michaela's goal was to finish under 2 hours, which she hadn't done before. I'm very proud to say that she finished 13 miles in 1 hour, 53 minutes!
The course was set up in a pretty cool manner, and we were able to see her on multiple occasions before the finish. As you can see by the picture, the race finished in Raley Field ballpark, and they got to run the fenceline as they were on the home stretch. The only bummer I had was taking pictures through the foul ball net, which was direcly in my path when trying to capture her triumphant finish.I also wanted to say that I did take quite a few videos this weekend and have every plan to post them online, it's just going to be a few days before I am physically recovered enough to think about it.
Between the preparation for the party, the party, the company, the race, and just being the parents of a two year old, Michaela and I are officially tired and ready to relax the rest of this weekend.
In the meantime, if you see Michaela, make sure to congratulate her on her great accomplishment, if you see Landon, make sure you tell him "Happy Birthday!" as our boy turns two years old on Thursday, and if you see me...find me a place to lie down, I need the rest!
4 comments:
Wow! I'm pooped just reading that blog. What a weekend!! We're wishing Landon a BIG Happy Birthday on Thursday and congrats to Michaela! What an awesome finish today! Big Hugs all around. Now get some sleep ;)
Michaela you are such a stud! I'm super impressed! Glad to see Landon had a fun party wish we could have been there :-)
Yeah....for Michaela...great job! (my best friend from college just named her little girl Michaela. she was born on super bowl sunday :)
I can't believe Landon will be two on Thursday...Happy birthday Landon!!!!!
Way to go Michaela! I'm so proud of you! You definitely beat your goal! Happy Birthday Landon!
Post a Comment